Glock 23 or Glock 30

m.ritz

I guess I don't need to say much more than the title. Opinions? Reasons for your preferences would be appreciated.

Shoot both see what YOU like..

I prefer the 23, more rounds and .40 is a sufficient caliber for me. My friend prefers the 30. However he is looking into the 30SF because it is slimmer. You can't go wrong with either just see what works for you.

I've shot both, and shot well with both. I actually don't think I could tell any difference in my performance between the two. I think the G30 felt slightly nicer to shoot, but the G23 being exact same dimensions as my G19 seems to fit my hand perfectly. I'm guessing I'd get used to the wider grip on the G30 and love that too though, in time. My G19 carries vrry comfortably, so I know the G23 would also. What are your opinions about the G30 as far as carrying comfort and conceal ability compared to the G19/G23?

Never touched a G30, but shot a 23 today. Felt very nice, easy to shoot, hit where I aimed at the first shot. First .40 I ever shot, was a little surprised at how much recoil it has, but very controllable unlike the smaller .45s I have shot. Just to add, I generally don't care for Glocks, but was impressed with the 23.

I like the 30sf. The slide is thicker than the slide for the 9's and 40's, but it helps keep the recoil at a minimum. I know you were considering a g23, but I have heard that the g27 has more recoil than a g30, probably because the g27 uses the thinner slide. If 10 or 11 rounds are not enough, a pair of g21 magazines will give you an extra 26 shots!

I'm sure the g27 would have more recoil than the g30. I think even the g23 has more than the g30, but it's still very controllable. the g30 practically aims itself, especially on follow up shots. great shooting gun! it's just a bit much on the bulk side, but maybe it wouldn't b so bad once gotten used to...??

I've owned the G27 and now have a 30SF. In my opinion, the 30SF is an easier gun to shoot. Less recoil in a heavier gun with a slower bullet. Try both, but I have been very pleasantly surprised at the .45.

Love my 23 wouldn't trade it for the world. Put about 1500 rds through it now and it's only jammed once when I was shooting in a blizzard. Don't know if it was the cold or what.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back