Glock 20 Gen 4???

m.ritz

So there's a review video on YouTube for the G20 Gen 4... it's out finally?? Glock really needs to get more on top of web site updates!! anyone know anything or gotten to shoot 1 yet??

Yeah they came out with a Glock 20 Gen 4, although it appears that they're a nightmare to find. If you're really intent on buying a G20, wait until they come out with a G20SF (the SF makes a difference). Are you planning on using it for hunting? I mean, 10mm, that's a big ass round heh. I've shot a Glock 20SF Gen 3 and holy crap did my entire right arm and wrist hurt like hell afterward (I have tons of tendon, ligament, and nerve damage in my right wrist). I would never think about buying one. The only thing they're good for is handgun hunting. Home defense, yeah, if you wanna put a hole in the intruder, your wall, and have the round fly into your neighbor's house.

For the record, I hate Gen 4s, they're not worth it when you can get a Gen 3 for cheaper. The only real advantage is that the grip is smaller, which is nice because my hands are small as hell. My G22 Gen 4 is so incredibly inaccurate compared to my G30SF, P226, P229, and XDs. In fact, I'm thinking about selling it and picking up an XD of comparable size. I don't know what it is about my 22 but I have to actually consciously modify the way that I pull the trigger (curl it while I pull) and my finger positioning to hit where I'm aiming My 30SF doesn't do that, XDs is just point and shoot. Sigs, I've had to do a lot of gunsmithing, replaced the hammer springs and installed SRTs, now the DA/SA is nice but stock config...ugh.

Best quit switching back and forth between trigger actions that are so different, guys. Even guys whio stick with the same model of gun miss the chest with half of their shots, at a mere 10 ft.

I want the G20 for woods carry. protection against bears and such. I want as much knock down power as I can get, but like the 15 + 1 rather than the mere 6 rnd capacity of a revolver. myself, I love the gen 4's. I have a G19 gen 4 and am in love with it.

It's all personal preference, I like my Gen 4 but not nearly as much as my Gen 3. A G20 would.definitely be a good sidearm if you're out in the wilderness but I'm not sure if it would put down a pissed off bear. Hunting and fishing guides in Alaska carry short barrel Rugers for sidearms...Alaskan Redhawk or something, .45 Colt and .454 Casull. Anyway It seems like the Gen 4s are limited release right now to reviewers and whatnot. Dunno how long it'll take for glock to bring them to the market.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I've shot a Glock 20SF Gen 3 and holy crap did my entire right arm and wrist hurt like hell afterward (I have tons of tendon, ligament, and nerve damage in my right wrist). I would never think about buying one. The only thing they're good for is handgun hunting. Home defense, yeah, if you wanna put a hole in the intruder, your wall, and have the round fly into your neighbor's house.

I don't seem to have a problem even firing Underwood 135gr 1600fps 787f/p rounds... Actually it does hurt my wallet quite a bit. But for 26 dollars I can get a box of 50 paper cutter 10MM rounds from Academy Sports that I think are 1250fps and I'm through the box way to fast.

Small guy too... 6'00" 160lbs... I find the 10MM to be a great round and I carry the Glock 29sf without any issues.

G29 huh? recoil isn't brutal out if that?

With some full power ammo, you know you're not shooting a 9mm for sure. I go through a lot of 40 ammo with XD40 and if I had to guess a value... Id say the 29 with blazer 10mm ammo kicks about 10% harder than blazer 40 of comparable grain weight.

The painful part is ammo cost. Cheapest I've found local is Academy Sports, 26 dollars for 50 paper cutters.

I want the G20 for woods carry. protection against bears and such. I want as much knock down power as I can get, but like the 15 + 1 rather than the mere 6 rnd capacity of a revolver. myself, I love the gen 4's. I have a G19 gen 4 and am in love with it.
Link RemovedLink Removed
Expensive ammo, but when someone asks what you carry, it's nice to say 10mm auto

I actually thought about converting my G30SF to a 10mm but decided that if I wanted a 10mm I should just dump the 30 and get a 29. It's so damn hard to find ammo in obscure calibers (.357Sig, 10mm, .45 GAP, etc.) around here too. My FFL stocks Hornady Critical Defense 10mm...think of what that'd do to anything unlucky enough to be in its path.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I have a Gen 3 g17 and the Gen 4 g21. They are both great guns. I especially like the new g21 with the largest back strap on it. It finally fits my hand. I'm 6'5" linebacker build.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back