Getting my first CC holster

DCkilla

Well, I'm going to finally bite the bullet and throw down some cash for a CC holster that fits my Glock 22. I was thinking about the Galco Kingtuk. Does this thing work well? How does it compare to the Supertuck? I OC most of the time, but wish to expand my options.

I'm an owner/user/fan of Crossbreed items. Belt, Supertuck, and IWB mag pouches. Very comfortable and very well made. Ultimately, this is a personal decision, but I would recommend Crossbreed products to anyone.

holster

Well, I'm going to finally bite the bullet and throw down some cash for a CC holster that fits my Glock 22. I was thinking about the Galco Kingtuk. Does this thing work well? How does it compare to the Supertuck? I OC most of the time, but wish to expand my options.

Check out Versacarry.....

Well I have a Kingtuk that I use with my XD sc 9mm its very comfortable,its tuckable wear it with shorts conceals very well. I went with the kingtuk because I didnt have to wait and cost. I wouldnt hasitate buying another one. I love my remora when I'm in my sweats too.

I really like my Link Removed. I'm not saying the others are bad, as I haven't tried them. I must be one of the few people without a "holster drawer." I found what perfectly for me on the first try, albeit with a lot of up-front research.

I use nothing but the crossbreed supertuck, its very comfortable with a full size 1911, and I would recommend it.

I feel the same as Patriot58. Give a lot of thought to how and when you are going to carry, then find a holster that does what you need. The MTAC is that for me.

I feel the same as Patriot58. Give a lot of thought to how and when you are going to carry, then find a holster that does what you need. The MTAC is that for me.
I'm not concealing that often. I'll be CCing mostly to church, malls(except one), and Costco.

I'm leaning on the King Tuk right right now. There's no wait for manufacturing and delivery. I'll give it a couple of days for testing purposes. It must be comfy. That's one of the reasons I OC, the comfy factor.

If you mostly OC anyway, just cover what you have?

I have three options that I use, depending in attire and weather.

Galco shoulder rig (cold climate)
Galco OWB concealed holster (no retention)
Galco OWB with thumb break for open carry. But could still use for conceal carry.
Also have a Galco fanny pack that I have only used once.

If you mostly OC anyway, just cover what you have?

I have three options that I use, depending in attire and weather.

Galco shoulder rig (cold climate)
Galco OWB concealed holster (no retention)
Galco OWB with thumb break for open carry. But could still use for conceal carry.
Also have a Galco fanny pack that I have only used once.
Thanks for the suggestion, but my serpa cqc holster doesn't conceal very well. To be honest, I do cover with my current holster with a sweat shirt when needed. But at times, I wish to conceal with a shirt.

Galco is a great choice. I believe their products are just as well made as Crossbreed, and they are half the price. The only reason I went with a Supertuck instead of the Kingtuk is because at the time Galco was 8 weeks out for delivery and Crossbreed was only 3. It cost a good bit more but I'm not a patient man when it comes to getting new toys.

I prefer to build all leather holsters

15zmjyr.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. I bought the galco holster and testing it out. So far, it seems to works ok. The fit is pretty tight around my pistol. Hopefully, it'll loosen up in the next week or so. I've been keeping my pistol in the holster at night to help.

I see that you've already made your choice but I just wanted to throw this in after the fact. I just bought my first IWB from Harwell Holsters.

https://www.harwellholsters.com/

I've been carrying my little S&W Bodyguard in it for 3 weeks now daily and really love it. For the craftsmanship and the price I would highly recommend them.

for OWB carry, i had a galco holster that isnt bad, but still didnt seem to pull the gun close enough to my body for comfort/concealabiliity. In cold weather where i can wear a significant outer garment i like the blackhawk serpa (still my favorite holster, but rarely use given climate). I usually IWB carry, simply for concealment purposes but prefer OWB for functionality. since i was a big fan of the crossbreed supertuck, i decided to try out their OWB holster. MAJOR improvement - very comfortable, keeps it in close. only downside is there is no form of retention other than the firm fit. If that doesnt bug you, recommend it. kinda ugly, but exceptional in every other way.

When I bought mine I cant carry during work ,but I left the holster on during the day at work . I think that help formed the leather to your body my mine where it felt comfortable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back