Get involved or mind your own?

Gentlemen: If your freedon it based on the determination of "The Law" never go with a jury. Juries are a bunch of idiots and are not your peers but rather the average citizen willing and able to sit jury duty. registered voter etc.

Their life experience has as much to do with mine or most people that choose to be armed than they do with Martians.

After 30 years of watching them I'd never leave my fate to them unless I was guilty as sin and had to convince them by lieing. My favorite is when they interview cops or jurors and they say "Well he didn't act upset enough" or "it must have been staged, he acted too upset". No way you win.

You as a private citizen have nearly every right as the police. What you don't have is some of the statitory protections from "mistakes".

Yes, I stop the perps. I use deadly force, if forced to do so.

Being an old crippled man with a bad back and faced by multiple assailants and unable to flee the scene I was FORCED to defend the victims/myself. Unfortunately that required the use/exhibition of deadly force to accomplish. I'm more than willing to cooperate with any investigation and will do so, as soon as I've had an opportunity to speak to legal cousel.

Ross

Here's my view....I can't justify getting involved. I don't know the particulars of the situation. If it's a woman getting assaulted one could speculate she is one of those girlfriends that gets beat on a daily basis and refuses to leave him, despite plenty of options to get out.....if it's a dude getting assaulted one could speculate he's a pedophile and the attacker is the father of his last victim......my point is unless It directly involved me or my family my gun will remain concealed,.... I think I'd just call 911 and let the leo's sort it out.....

Whoa! If you going to read Gutmacher then read it all, taking him out of context will get you killed (yes I've read his books). He is big on pushing not pulling your gun as a hostile act and getting yourself charged with aggrevated assault with its three year mandatory. Gutmacher will scare you out of ever pulling your gun in fear of that 3 year sentence. (BTW you almost NEVER see it make it to court unless it was truly agressive, usually it is pled down to a misdemeanor, but I digress.)

However in the example you should be reading 776.031

776.031 Use of force in defense of others.--A person is justified in the use of force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on, or other tortious or criminal interference with, either real property other than a dwelling or personal property, lawfully in his or her possession or in the possession of another who is a member of his or her immediate family or household or of a person whose property he or she has a legal duty to protect. However, the person is justified in the use of deadly force only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person does not have a duty to retreat if the person is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

You may use force which could be considered to include brandishing to stop the trespass, but in this case I beleive you would have reasonable reason to believe that a forcible felony either IS or IMMINENT in which case you could use deadly force.

I see a guy being beaten by a bunch of thugs as aggrevated battery and the woman being assaulted is by definition sexual battery BOTH ARE forcible felonies in Florida

776.08 Forcible felony.--"Forcible felony" means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

Here's my view....I can't justify getting involved. I don't know the particulars of the situation. If it's a woman getting assaulted one could speculate she is one of those girlfriends that gets beat on a daily basis and refuses to leave him, despite plenty of options to get out.....if it's a dude getting assaulted one could speculate he's a pedophile and the attacker is the father of his last victim......my point is unless It directly involved me or my family my gun will remain concealed,.... I think I'd just call 911 and let the leo's sort it out.....

I couldn't agree with you more! If it's not me or my family, I'll call 911.
Remember, things are not always what they seem!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back