G2 research R.I.P. Ammunition!!!

Acasper708

I did a search and nothing came up.
So here's a vid!
G2R RIP 2014 - YouTube

I would be really interested to see what their .380 version can do!

From the video
[ReallyBizarreDireSeriousToneOfVoice] Buzzword, buzzword, buzzword, [pointless video of full-auto fire, signifying nothing whatsoever], buzzword, buzzword, buzzword, [serious looking dude with beard], buzzword, buzzword, hokey "hole saw" idea again, buzzword, buzzword, "acoutsitc wave" , buzzword, buzzword, buzzword, buzzword ...[/ReallyBizarreDireSeriousToneOfVoice]

From the video
[ReallyBizarreDireSeriousToneOfVoice] Buzzword, buzzword, buzzword, [pointless video of full-auto fire, signifying nothing whatsoever], buzzword, buzzword, buzzword, [serious looking dude with beard], buzzword, buzzword, hokey "hole saw" idea again, buzzword, buzzword, "acoutsitc wave" , buzzword, buzzword, buzzword, buzzword ...[/ReallyBizarreDireSeriousToneOfVoice]

Absolutely - I felt like this was Ron Popeil trying to sell me some crap I could spray on scalp to cover up my thinning hair. At first, I actually thought it might be a parody...like the old fake commercial on SNL where they were selling a razor with like 10 blades "Because you'll buy anything". Other than a potential option should lead disappear from ammunition eventually, I do not see the need for this product and the hype only magnifies that sentiment.

So each round is made from a copper rod on a cnc? And while they say over penetration is not an issue, their videos shows the trocars doing exactly that. On top of that, particularly after penetrating a barrier, expansion was hugely inconsistent according to the videos. I'll stick with one of my standbys - federal hydrashock or hst, hornady critical duty, or speer gold dot. Beside, I'm not switching back to 9mm from .45.

If you go to their site, it links to suppliers they are working with, and one of them lists it at about $45 for a 20 box. They were out of stock (obviously) but it will eventually lose it's shiny newness, others will produce copies and the price will be more reasonable. I would definitely buy one box of carry ammo, especially when they start with .380.
-
Something to think about that they fail to stress is that there is no lead. This may come into play in the near future since Obastard shut down the last US lead smelter. This might be the new direction of lead-free but functional ammo.

For now, until stockpiles run down and import of lead is needed to continue production.
-
Maybe we should call it "Green Ammo" and the lefties will love it.

97% of the lead used in ammunition production is imported now what do you expect to change?

Do you not think that if this really was going to significantly affect ammunition that the NRA would be screaming bloody murder?

If you go to their site, it links to suppliers they are working with, and one of them lists it at about $45 for a 20 box. They were out of stock (obviously) but it will eventually lose it's shiny newness, others will produce copies and the price will be more reasonable. I would definitely buy one box of carry ammo, especially when they start with .380.
-
Something to think about that they fail to stress is that there is no lead. This may come into play in the near future since Obastard shut down the last US lead smelter. This might be the new direction of lead-free but functional ammo.

As much as I hate the Obamaturd, the EPA regulations that caused the only lead smelter that mined new lead to cease that part of its operations (the company is not shut down), were enacted during the Bush administration. Obamaturd actually had nothing to do with this one.

With that said there are still lead recyclers and imported lead. This will in no way affect the ammunition industry.

Here's the company's website, Doe Run, Co. They are still active and in business, they just shut down their Herculaneum lead smelting plant: Doe Run > Home

Here's an article about the closing. Note the last sentence where they actually admit it wasn't Obama. Backdoor Gun Control? Feds Force Shutdown of last U.S. Primary Lead Smelter

97% of the lead used in ammunition production is imported now what do you expect to change?

Do you not think that if this really was going to significantly affect ammunition that the NRA would be screaming bloody murder?

Not sure where you get your "facts". Most lead for bullets comes from secondary lead processing (recycling from things such as batteries). Now most battery manufacturers rely on primary lead, lead that is mined and smelted first production. The battery manufacturers will now have to find their primary lead from somewhere else.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back