Froglube

The2ndPatriots

Anyone use froglube? I have yet to use it and wondering if it is worth looking into.

I like it a lot... Haven't been using it long but so far so good. Works, plus I like it being safer for use around dogs, cat and kid... And it smells nice.

I have used it on both an SR9c and my sig P229 and have had excellent results. Cleanup now is extremely easy and the guns look almost new. The SR9c has around 2300 rounds through it and the Sig has 3300 rounds. Also have been using it on my SR22 and is doing its job there as well but only have around 1000 rounds through that at this time.

I have been using for about 6 months on my glocks nod have had no problems, no VOC issues. I have typically not used a hairdryer but the last time I did and it seems to provide a protective coating, so it is not very greasy after it cures. Which makes cleanup easy. The sheriff that I took my Utah CCW class, NRA basic pistol and my IL CCW class recommended it to me.

I've used it in the past and it does work well but to me it seems like more of a hassle than just the petroleum and nitro solvents. I've stuck mostly with the aerosols.

Been using it for a bit now and so far I like it, it does make clean up a breeze just wipe it down for the most part. Lay it in the sun, reapply and a final wipe down before reassembly.

Non-toxic, work great, doesn't stink up the house. It is all I use on all of our guns.

I also use Green Stuff as the cleaner/solvent, also non-toxic or smell then Froglube as the CLP.

Been using it for a bit now and so far I like it, it does make clean up a breeze just wipe it down for the most part. Lay it in the sun, reapply and a final wipe down before reassembly.

Why do you lay it in the sun?

Froglube works by soaking into the pores of the metal. Heating it up either with a hair dryer or by laying it in the sun for a expands the pores and helps the Froglube absorb.

Some people swear by it, some people are vehemently against FrogLube.

My question to you, is it worth the cost? The stuff is reeeeeeeeeally expensive!!

Some people swear by it, some people are vehemently against FrogLube.

My question to you, is it worth the cost? The stuff is reeeeeeeeeally expensive!!

Actually it is not, because you use very little, and it goes a long way. I use Simple Green as my solvent and Froglube paste and liquid. I have been using it for a year, and expect it will 3 - 4 years before I need more. I probably get 2 years out of a $10 gallon of the Simple Green. This is after cleaning and lubing 6 handguns an average of once a month.

I started using it a while ago and was very happy with it until......I had two guns M&P .40 and a Springfield XDSC .40 misfire. I soon learned I had light strikes with both and traced it to sticky lube in the firing pin channel. I will take full responsibility for over lubing the gun. But at the same time a little nervous it could happen again. Not sure what my next move is......be extra cautious with Froglube? or try Ballistol which I really like on my muzzleloaders?

Ronnie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back