Found Ammo In The Small Town Gun Shops

Riverkilt

Just took a long weekend up through Southwest Utah. Scored 600 rounds of .9mm Blazer, 100 rounds of .45 Long Colt Blazer, and 350 rounds of .380 PMC Bronze. Pretty good haul. Came from the small gun shops in the small towns. All the stores in the cities were bare.

Happy to have a supply of range ammo again.

Don't know if checking the small shops in the small towns would work elsewhere - but it worked for me this weekend.

Only glitch was I've had a Sig P226 TacOps on order forever with my LGS. Course they aren't there. In Sportsman's Warehouse in St. George they had P226 Navy. My second choice. I brought copies of my LGS's FFL with me in case I got lucky. Wanted to buy it and have them ship to my LGS. They refused to ship. Apparently Sportsman's Warehouse has a "policy" of not shipping handguns to anyone else - even their own stores. Go figure. I did get to handle the gun and managed not to drool on it. But dang...refusing a sale over shipping...their lost sale. Some local has probably snapped it up already....so they probably did sell it.

You're very fortunate in getting the ammo. I'm just needing to get a few boxes of .45 Long Colt, and I'll have enough to last a while. It's taken a long while, but I've finally got enough 9mm .380 and .22 to cover the basics.
Speaking of drooling... I got a chance to drool all over a Rossi, Octagon barrel, .45LC lever action rifle Saturday morning. I'd sure like to shoot it a few times... naw... I'd like to buy one first, then shoot it a lot!

I've been getting lucky lately. Stumbled across some .223 and 5.56, not to mention .40 and .45acp (both FMJ). Ammo I have had the toughest time finding is for my vacation in June, the .40 and .45 shot shell (though I did find some last week).
Of course, I also see on Drudge today that Big Sis just put in another order for .40 and 9mm JHP. Guess they found out some online retailers are starting to get some in stock.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back