For those of you who live in Texas. You should watch this.

Itstjs

So, Buda PD detains an Open Carrier and insults the man, calling him "retarded" and "annoying" for refusing to ID himself. He threatens to arrest the man for failure to Identify himself, which is in no way any law in any state. IE 4th Amendment. I encourage you to watch this and make sure your local and state police departments understand you DO NOT have to identify yourself unless you are suspected of committing a crime.

This may spark the old debate between CC and OC, your opinion and comfort level is your choice, however, I do encourage you to practice your rights in the manner you see fit, further more, that being said, I also encourage you to cooperate with local and state police and abide by the laws passed in your state as long as they do not infringe on your constitutional rights.

As for myself, I both Openly carry and Concealed carry, depending on what is more comfortable for me that day.

Police Officer Threatens Man With Arrest for Carrying a Gun in Texas - YouTube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pA8XEUglGEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OPEN carry of a handgun is illegal in TX, You can only carry concealed. I didn't read the story, but it wasn't a rifle it was illegal, and He should have been questioned.

Drzzit's S4

OPEN carry of a handgun is illegal in TX, You can only carry concealed. I didn't read the story, but it wasn't a rifle it was illegal, and He should have been questioned.

Drzzit's S4

I can't watch youtube on the ship. However, section 46.15 of Texas code:
(b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
(1) is in the actual discharge of official duties as a member of the armed forces or state military forces as defined by Section 431.001, Government Code, or as a guard employed by a penal institution;
(2) is traveling;
(3) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the actor's residence, motor vehicle, or watercraft, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the activity;

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or
(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

If the subject was engaged in any of the activites highlighted, then NO, he should NOT have been questioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back