FMK Firearms

walt629

Does anyone have or had any experience with the FMK line of firearms? Link Removed

It looks like a run of the mill poly gun but the inscription of the bill of rights on the slide is intriguing. I've been shopping for a 'wonder 9' and am hoping someone has some information to lay on the table, so to speak.

I have one. Won it from The Daily Caller. Not too bad a pistol really. About like a Glock 19. I'd prefer the Glock, but this will do just fine. The trigger may take just a little to get used to. It is supposed to be about 11 pounds but you couldn't tell by the way it pulls. It's not bad at first then gets heavy just before it releases the striker. Almost feels kinda like a two stage trigger.
Over all, not a bad gun. Mine shot low and left at 15 yards at first. I changed the sights using the 2" right rear sight and the 2" up front sight from the supplied sight kit. This brought everything right where I want it. I've only had 90 rounds through it so far, but no FTF/ FTE, stovepipes etc. And that was using Monarch 115gr. FMJ.

Hope this helped.

They are great guns to show off and talk about i had one i carried it both open and iwb open carry any and i mean any moisture will cause it to rust and the bluing fades fast but other then that i ran 2500+ rounds and not a failure at all

I don't have any experience with one, and never will. The inscriptions just turn me off. I see them as a simple-minded marketing scheme...nothing more.

Before the "patriots" here start berating me, let me say that I'm a former combat officer in Vietnam; retired Dept of Defense employee; and about the most red-necked defender of the Bill of Rights that you'll ever meet. I just don't need that kind of stuff on my firearms.

Last edited:
They are great guns to show off and talk about i had one i carried it both open and iwb open carry any and i mean any moisture will cause it to rust and the bluing fades fast but other then that i ran 2500+ rounds and not a failure at all

From the sounds of your description, I would consider it to be a less than stellar quality pistol? Did the bluing come off because of the rust or is the bluing just not a penetrating blue, like more of a surface blue?
And what about the inscription? is it inlayed with anything or is it just cut into the slide with the base material color providing the contrast?

I'm also interested in this gun, but since you didn't get many answers
, maybe its not selling very well.

Yeah... I'm not sure what to make of the lack of feed back. Maybe it's because it's an election year. :biggrin: I pissed off fauver8282 in another thread so I don't think he'll be respond to me any time soon.

The feed back about the rust and the blue wearing off kind of turned me, but I'm willing to do some more research. I'll have to call around to see if any dealers have one to look at.

From the sounds of your description, I would consider it to be a less than stellar quality pistol? Did the bluing come off because of the rust or is the bluing just not a penetrating blue, like more of a surface blue?
And what about the inscription? is it inlayed with anything or is it just cut into the slide with the base material color providing the contrast?

the bluing problem is surface no the transcript stayed even after the bluing faded i would post a pic for you to see it but i just traded it last week for a kel-tec pf9 if your looking for something that goes bang everytime then its your gun if your looking for something to just show off then again its your gun but if your looking for something thats going to keep its luster and be just as pretty in 6 months as it was the day you bought it i would go for a 1911

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back