Florida-compliant course in GA?

blarg

I have a GA permit and am looking to get a Florida permit. On their web site one of the requirements is a successful completion of a firearms class or equivalent evidence of firearms profficiency...that's not an exact quote but it was something to that effect.

So what kind of course satisfies that requirement and what's "equivalent". If I'm an NSCA member and have thousands of registered sporting clays targets is that good? How about a California hunter's safety course? California handgun purchase card? The web site is just not very clear about what exactly satisfies that requirement?

I'm in Marietta, GA. I don't mind taking a class, but I went to 2 ranges today. One said they only have a Utah course but they don't have any scheduled in the forseeable future (which I might take anyway, just to get another permit, but it doesn't cover the same states), and the other one said "I've never thought of that but hey, that's a really good idea....we should like totally offer that!"

thanks in advance for the advice!

Your Cali hunter safety course should do it, if I read the requirements correctly. So will a military DD214, which is what I used. FL cashed my application check on 12/28, so the countdown is on. My Utah permit came about 30 days after the check cleared.

I took a basic handgun safety class at Wild West Traders in Austell for $85 and got a certificate. It lasted 4 hours and included range time, so I imagine that would suffice.

Are you looking to carry in Florida on a visit or are you moving? If just a visit you don't need to do anything, Florida has reciprocity with Georgia and recognizes your permit. If you are moving your GA permit should suffice as proof of competence.

Are you looking to carry in Florida on a visit or are you moving? If just a visit you don't need to do anything, Florida has reciprocity with Georgia and recognizes your permit. If you are moving your GA permit should suffice as proof of competence.

nope. I'm looking to get an out-of-state Florida permit to cover some states that the Georgia permit doesn't. I'll probably get Utah out of state permit as well. I'm an I.T. contractor so I travel A LOT. Trying to get as many states covered as I can. I avoid states that don't let me carry as much as I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back