Florida CC permit requirements

Neal

I have an appointment to apply for my Florida CC permit in person on Wednesday of this upcoming week (February 24). I have read over the (literally) 42 page document outlining how to do this. As best I can tell, I need-

1. The completed application (notarized).

2. A copy of my firearms training course certificate.

3. The last three months of a utility bill showing that I live where I say that I live.

My understanding is that they will take my picture and fingerprints at the office.

Can anyone confirm that these are the requirements from personal experience (or very reliable second-hand knowledge)? I have time to collect any other requiremetns before my appointment and did not want to let this go until the last minute.

Thanks,

Neal

...As best I can tell, I need-

3. The last three months of a utility bill showing that I live where I say that I live.

Can anyone confirm that these are the requirements from personal experience (or very reliable second-hand knowledge...

Is this required for citizens? In both places that I see proof of residency mentioned (Instructions for question 5 and What to submit), it seems to me that proof of residency may only be required for "permanent legal resident alien(s)."

Is this required for citizens? In both places that I see proof of residency mentioned (Instructions for question 5 and What to submit), it seems to me that proof of residency may only be required for "permanent legal resident alien(s)."

Thinking this might be what OP is referring to:

QUESTION5
Unless you are serving overseas in the United States Armed Forces,you must currently reside in the United States(US)
AND be a US citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security,US Citizenship
and Immigration Service (USCIS). If you are serving overseas in the US Armed Forces,please submit a copy of your
deployment documentation.If you are not a US citizen,submit documentation issued by the USCIS proving you are a permanent legal resident alien who has resided in the state of residence (as shown on your application) for at least 90 consecutive days prior to the date the application is submitted.
Proof of residence includes,but is not limited to:
•Monthly utility,telephone,power,orcablebills,whichshowyourname and address.
•Monthly pay stubs or other documentation from your employer,which show your name and address.
•Monthly credit statements,which show your name and address.

if that is the case that that is not for citizens but for aliens. As a citizen I would think a drivers license and or voter registration card would suffice...?

Neal I believe you are supposed to supply your photos. Any UPS Store will take passport color. Actually, call the S.O. where your appt is and ask. As a non resident, I was vacationing on Amelia Island and went to S.O. office (Cnty Jail) for my prints. But was told ONLY CNTY residents could be done. Counter to what Fla Ag License Office has on their web site. Call ahead to be sure.

I called the office I have the appointment with today (Monday), and they said that all I needed was my safety course certificate, the notarized application, and that as a resident I do not need the utility bill. They told me that they take care of everything else (fingerprints and photos), so hopefully I will be all set. I can post my experience when I get back on Wednesday, and let you know how quickly I get the permit if others on the list would be interested in this.

Thanks,

Neal

Neal I believe you are supposed to supply your photos. Any UPS Store will take passport color. Actually, call the S.O. where your appt is and ask. As a non resident, I was vacationing on Amelia Island and went to S.O. office (Cnty Jail) for my prints. But was told ONLY CNTY residents could be done. Counter to what Fla Ag License Office has on their web site. Call ahead to be sure.

He is not going to a Sheriffs Office, he is going to a Department of Agriculture field office.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back