Flee the scene, don't call 911 yourself, make no statement to the police?

[Caution: There is a necessary, but non-politically correct suggestion, included below. No offense intended to anyone, but reality is not always PC. My last concealed carry license renewal instructor was Hispanic, and he gave all this advice--and our class included another Hispanic and two black people. However, if you offend easily, if you get your news from MSNBC, if you voted for Obama, then just skip this post!]
While it should be obvious, avoid dangerous places whenever you can. Don't go anywhere with a gun that you would not go unarmed. That caution should probably extend to timing. I mean take care of necessary business in the daylight, whenever possible. Just because the gas station, drugstore, or supermarket are open 24 hours, that doesn't mean you should not still do your shopping when those places are busy with lots of people around in the daytime.
Non-PC advice: If you have to take care of something at night (or really also in the daytime), pick a busy place, and make it a place with a small parking lot where you park really close to the store entrance, and that is busy with mostly Caucasian patrons. That advice applies if you are white, black, Hispanic, Asian, or other. I intend no offense, and this is not a racist statement, but rather a recognition of crime statistics and who commits crimes (see FBI ? Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report, January-June 2013). You can't live by statistics, but you can use them as part of good sense. Don't you carry an umbrella with you when the weatherman says 90% chance of rain?
Finally, and most obvious, avoid "gun free" businesses and other gun free places to the extent possible, even if you're not carrying.

bowserb I agree with your statement 100% I would also say the crazy group Mother's against guns & Mayor's against guns have been bullying all the big box stores and other businesses. we really need to support the business that stand up to them wherever and whenever we can. This time of year be extremely careful outside of big mall stores and Walmart parking lots. The criminals will be looking to rob everyone they can. Carry every day but especially this time of year because crime rate is extremely high. Be careful and don't become a victim of some crook trying to steal your Christmas.

bowserb I agree with your statement 100% I would also say the crazy group Mother's against guns & Mayor's against guns have been bullying all the big box stores and other businesses. we really need to support the business that stand up to them wherever and whenever we can. This time of year be extremely careful outside of big mall stores and Walmart parking lots. The criminals will be looking to rob everyone they can. Carry every day but especially this time of year because crime rate is extremely high. Be careful and don't become a victim of some crook trying to steal your Christmas.
[emoji4]

Leaving the area is a great idea, if you can do it before you shoot someone. I am 58. Been around gus and bad people all my life. 99% of the time, people get into altercations because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Need fuel in your car? Do that at 2pm not 2am.

Drive to a lexus dealer and pick out their nicest vehicle. Every option just the way you want it. Get a confirmation price in writing. Put that invoice somewhere you will see it through the day. That price, is going to be almost enough to hire one attorney for one year, to represent you in a self defense shooting. So do you want that lexus, or do you want to purchase it as a gift for some attorney?

Not saying there is never a justified reason to protect yourself, but the less clowdy the circumstances, the better off you will be, and if you are very good at having eyes in the back of your head, you hopefully will never need to John Wayne yourself out of a jam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back