Flagstaff Medical Center Censors Bushmaster On Their WiFi

Riverkilt

So I live in the boonies and the rare trip to the city is a shopping adventure for me. Last week I was in Flagstaff, AZ for a follow up oncologist appointment at Flagstaff Medical Center. Love these folks - they cured my leukemia.

En route I stopped at Horizon and left a month's wages in exchange for a Bushmaster XM15-E2S and accessories and ammo.

Now I'm in the oncologist's waiting room salivating about my new rifle - in fact, my only rifle. So I fire up the Kindle and hook up with the hospital guest Wi-Fi and Google up Bushmaster. When I click on the Bushmaster website I get a message from the hospital Wi-Fi that I'm not allowed to access that website!!

Hello! I'm 68 years old and have a Bushmaster out in the car in your parking lot along with my carry .45 and two car guns....and you bureaucrats think looking at the Bushmaster website will somehow be harmful to me. Oh, thank you thank you thank you for saving me from the evils of Bushmaster....but you're TOO LATE!!!

Okay, enough Internet....I'm headed out to the range to see how this beauty shoots....dang near a dollar a round....I'm in deep now!

Congrats on the new gun, that was my first ever gun, Bushmaster XM15E2S, got it when I turned 18. I don't know why I'm still surprised when sites like that are blocked in places. I was at a Jeep dealership a couple years ago here in Texas and they had blocked every gun site I could think.

Not sure about your hospital but would cease doing business with Jeep dealer and report to other gun owners, hit em in the pocket book, enjoy the shooting.

AND that my friends is why those kind of places benefit from my money. I kindly five them one of my NO GUNS = NO MONEY cards and leave.

I have been in many local hospitals that restrict their wifi accessible content to the point of being absurd.

Exactly why I don't use public wifi. Unlimited data plan means I don't have to deal with that crap.

Nice rifle... good luck with it.

I have the same restrictions at my job. I'm a high school teacher, and I teach physics. I talk about firearms all the time in my class. Kinematics, projectile motion, ballistics, momentum, kinetic energy, ... you get the picture. The only problem, I have to get all my data at home. If I have the students do any sort of research, they're used to hearing about firearms in class on a purely intellectual level, yet cannot get any information from the school library on their computers. It's insane.

Exactly why I don't use public wifi. Unlimited data plan means I don't have to deal with that crap.

Most smartphones have hotspot now too, so you can set up a password and network and use your phone as a wireless router. I just do that when I go to get coffee so I can do whatever I want. Like browse USACarry and watch youtube videos of police chases and helicopter crashes.

Nice rifle... good luck with it.

I have the same restrictions at my job. I'm a high school teacher, and I teach physics. I talk about firearms all the time in my class. Kinematics, projectile motion, ballistics, momentum, kinetic energy, ... you get the picture. The only problem, I have to get all my data at home. If I have the students do any sort of research, they're used to hearing about firearms in class on a purely intellectual level, yet cannot get any information from the school library on their computers. It's insane.

And they can't chew their sandwich into an L shape, swap hunting stories or wear an NRA tshirt, or reasearch any of those things either.

So I live in the boonies and the rare trip to the city is a shopping adventure for me. Last week I was in Flagstaff, AZ for a follow up oncologist appointment at Flagstaff Medical Center. Love these folks - they cured my leukemia.

En route I stopped at Horizon and left a month's wages in exchange for a Bushmaster XM15-E2S and accessories and ammo.

Now I'm in the oncologist's waiting room salivating about my new rifle - in fact, my only rifle. So I fire up the Kindle and hook up with the hospital guest Wi-Fi and Google up Bushmaster. When I click on the Bushmaster website I get a message from the hospital Wi-Fi that I'm not allowed to access that website!!

Hello! I'm 68 years old and have a Bushmaster out in the car in your parking lot along with my carry .45 and two car guns....and you bureaucrats think looking at the Bushmaster website will somehow be harmful to me. Oh, thank you thank you thank you for saving me from the evils of Bushmaster....but you're TOO LATE!!!

Okay, enough Internet....I'm headed out to the range to see how this beauty shoots....dang near a dollar a round....I'm in deep now!

Is that 5.56 ball ammo? In case you didn't know, 5.56 has higher pressure than .223 (though it is the same round) and you will end up needing to clean your rifle more often. It may shorten the life of some internal components as well.

And they can't chew their sandwich into an L shape, swap hunting stories or wear an NRA tshirt, or reasearch any of those things either.

Funny you mention the shirt... we had a professional development day (students were out, teachers had meetings). One teacher came in wearing a Molon Labe shirt. I immediately worked my way over to shake his hand.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back