First Time Pulled Over While Carrying

Before I had a CC license I used to just put my gun in plain sight. Now, because I travel, I don't know if I should put it in the open or leave it concealed. It is hard to keep up with all the state requirements if you might drive across 3 states in a day.

Robert Bush

As an occupant (not a driver) in an automobile when stopped by a LEO, It's a good idea to let the officer know you are armed and licenced.

BC1 - no problem. I am no longer in the witness protection program (HaHa - a joke). PM me regarding the PP shooting clinic in September with more info. Thanks.

Before I had a CC license I used to just put my gun in plain sight. Now, because I travel, I don't know if I should put it in the open or leave it concealed. It is hard to keep up with all the state requirements if you might drive across 3 states in a day.

Having a license should mean you have it concealed on your person regardless, in any state that honors your permit.

As far as keeping up with other states' laws. I always use Handgunlaw.us

if you advise the officer that you have your firearm do they have to take your firearm and remove the rounds? i was told that they give you back your firearm after checking the serial # empty because there have been instances of people actually shooting at cops when given a ticket.....

Robert, Texas

I live in Texas and have on a few occasions been in contact with on duty LEO's while carying. Every time except one they just wanted to know where it was and the subject was dropped. The one exception was when a felony was suspected and they disarmed me and unloaded the weapon. After all was considered they returned the weapon along with the ammo. No real problems.

I have been stopped several times while carrying, most often by LEOs doing a "safety check". I don't tell and they don't ask. I would tell if asked, or if they were about to find s handgun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back