First time at the range with the new LC9

Took me a while to get used to the double action trigger, but once I did, I think I did ok. This was roughly 45 rounds fired at my last target of the night, from about 30 feet.

Link Removed

Just don't ask to see the first target... :hang3:

On a related note. Towards the end it wasn't wanting to hold the slide back after the last round anymore. Anyone had a similar experience?

Excellent group! You are not new to the combat handgun. I have been a Ruger guy since 1993 and have never had an issue with any of them. Clean your LC9 with a good bore solvent and apply a light oil. Shoot her again and see if the slide locks back after your last round. If not, no worries, Ruger makes good on any issues. I needed a spring for a Mark II after nearly 20 years of use and they shipped a new one at no cost to me. Enjoy your new big boy toy! Jim....out.

On a related note. Towards the end it wasn't wanting to hold the slide back after the last round anymore. Anyone had a similar experience?

Yep! New gun, tight tolerances and dirt. Clean it up really good and add some quality lubricant to all the places that are indicated in the LC9 manual. Nice shooting!

Excellent group! You are not new to the combat handgun. I have been a Ruger guy since 1993 and have never had an issue with any of them. Clean your LC9 with a good bore solvent and apply a light oil. Shoot her again and see if the slide locks back after your last round. If not, no worries, Ruger makes good on any issues. I needed a spring for a Mark II after nearly 20 years of use and they shipped a new one at no cost to me. Enjoy your new big boy toy! Jim....out.

Actually, I'm not terribly experienced with handguns. It's just been within the past couple years that I've picked up semi-autos. Growing up I shot mostly rifle (90% .22) and a bit of revolver. I'm becoming a big fan of Ruger though. My main experience with them before getting into semi-autos was my dad's Single-Six in .22LR, which I really just hate shooting. My uncle let me try out his P85 for a while, which sold me. After I get a new table saw, I'm going to be saving my pennies for a MKII target model.

That target is all practice and the determination for excellence - the same reason I stopped trying to shoot golf balls at 100 yards with my .22 Marlin bolt action... and switched to paintballs.

Congrats on the purchase - you're right, though...the DOA take some getting used to. First target was all down and to the left, huh?! I love mine. I have put plenty of rounds through it, and have never had a jam or hiccup of any kind.

First target was just all over the place. Got out to the farm today and shot another 200 rounds at steel. I saved a box for my wife and father-in-law. After some pointers and after she figured out the recoil, my wife was hitting her 8" targets from about 9 yards 5-6 out of 7 shots.

My LC9 was loaded with heavy oil from shipping, cleaned it up used some quality lube and it's been great. Your shooting looks good. I started out pulling that long trigger to the right didn't know till I read a post and made the adjustment.

I bought my LC9 about 3 months ago, Yeh first fifty rounds through it were kind of embarrassing for me. I got better with it as I got used to the trigger pull. There probably has been 500 rounds put through it so far, maybe a little more but no issues with the slide not locking back after the last round. I keep it oiled real well and clean it regularly. Lots of fun to shoot. Comfortable to CC as well. Regards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back