First Day of Deer Season in Ohio

Debray

It all paid off, the turnip patch, sighting the muzzle loader in for 75 yards, and moving my hunting shed to the middle of the 10 acre field.
I walked into the back field at 6:30 AM and there were 9 or 10 does and a nice buck already there but heading for the woods as soon as they saw me. I acted like I didn't see them and continued on to my shed. About 9:30 I saw a nice buck out about 75 yards walking with his nose to the ground. I put the muzzle loader out the window and hit the side of the shed and the buck stopped and looked my way. I aimed at his shoulder and squeezed the trigger. He spun and ran to the edge of the woods and disappeared over hill toward a very thick area above our pond.
I walked over to where the buck was last seen and there was no sign of blood nor hair. I went over the hill and walked back and forth along the edge but found no sign. I then heard two shots down the hollow and wondered if he made it off the property and onto the neighbors.
I kept looking and couldn't find any sign of a hit, but I have seen many deer hit and found no sign before finding the deer. I went to the base of the hill that I figured the buck disappear over and stared walking parallel to his escape route. I finally noticed an area where the leaves were disturbed on the bank ahead of me. I found a small amount of blood and was able to trail it to the buck.
Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back