FFL holder transfer fee.

For the first time, I have recently placed a weapon order through the Intenet instead of in state and I'm in the process of locating an FFL holder near me. I would like to estimate an average cost charged by Iowa FFL holders handling out of state transfers in order to be able to tell if a fair price is being asked of me. I would appreciate being informed of what others have paid. Also, is there any other fee in addition to the cost of doing the record keeping for the transfer charged by FFL holders in Iowa? Thanks!

Not sure what the average charge is in Iowa, but I have an FFL and live in Washington and I charge $25.00. Hope that helps.

For the first time, I have recently placed a weapon order through the Intenet instead of in state and I'm in the process of locating an FFL holder near me. I would like to estimate an average cost charged by Iowa FFL holders handling out of state transfers in order to be able to tell if a fair price is being asked of me. I would appreciate being informed of what others have paid. Also, is there any other fee in addition to the cost of doing the record keeping for the transfer charged by FFL holders in Iowa? Thanks!

I live in Michigan and I buy all my guns from a gentleman out of southern Indiana and I know the ffl holders in my area charge from 20 to 30 dollars per transfer.

Thank you Purple and twoody. Count-to-Nine thanks to you also for the link. The first name that came up on the list was the same as a guy I graduated high school with and have since lost touch. The shop is not all that far away and I plan to find out if it's the same guy. If it is maybe I can talk him down on his price as he is $10 more expensive than most everyone else on the list. :happy:

There really isn't a reason to pay more than $25 in Iowa. It says you're in NW Iowa, so this doesn't help you all that much, but in Waterloo a guy referred me to Levi Bros, where I only paid $15.

There really isn't a reason to pay more than $25 in Iowa. It says you're in NW Iowa, so this doesn't help you all that much, but in Waterloo a guy referred me to Levi Bros, where I only paid $15.

Thank you. That is a very good price. I wish I lived closer to Waterloo.

I ordered my first online gun today (S&W M&P Shield) and I will pay $10 for the transfer. A great price. Many charge $15, $20 or $25. My Local gun shop wants $25, but the $10 guy is a great smith as well and he will always get my business.

I ordered my first online gun today (S&W M&P Shield) and I will pay $10 for the transfer. A great price. Many charge $15, $20 or $25. My Local gun shop wants $25, but the $10 guy is a great smith as well and he will always get my business.

What does your guy call his business? I'd like to find him in case I need him if he is close enough to where I live.

Anyone in Scott County, here are Agee businesses and their charge for transfers.

Duck Creek Armory $5 FFL fee
R and K Arms $20 FFL fee
B&B Shooting $25 FFL fee

I'm sure there's more but I've
Used these guys!

THE PAWN SHOP in Sioux City charges $20 but it's been awhile might be $25 by now.

I'm in NW Iowa, and a year or so ago bought a gun online-Budsgunshop-and faxed the FFL form from my local Ace hardware to them to put on file. $10 transfer fee. Great price on the gun, no tax and free shipping! Worked out well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back