fayetteville gun show

stan da man

went to the FAYETTEVILLE gun show yesterday and bought a TAURUS TCP 380 COMPACT - WILL USE FOR WARM WEATHER CARRY DOES ANYONE USE THIS - ALSO BOUGHT AN ELASTIC VELCRO HOLSTER AND IT FITS GREAT ALL FOR $240.00

i haven't got a 'pocket' pistol yet, but the TCP has excellent reviews and is probably the one I'll get when I get one. Thinking of a highpoint 9 mm rifle (or the keltec sub2000 if they ever become available) as next purchase and then a pocket pistol.

fayetteville gun show`

i haven't got a 'pocket' pistol yet, but the TCP has excellent reviews and is probably the one I'll get when I get one. Thinking of a highpoint 9 mm rifle (or the keltec sub2000 if they ever become available) as next purchase and then a pocket pistol.

that holster i got with my 380 has failed me seems it pushes the gun out when bending over i found the pistol in my sweatshirt twice - gooa go look for a reg. holster

Are you wearing the tcp in a holster around your waist ? They call these pocket pistols because they're small enought to cary in your pocket and that's how most carry them. I only googled - but here are a couple pocket holsters:

Link Removed

Link Removed

at the show he had plenty [ 50 for $ 20.00 at my gun shop i`m hopeing they have plenty but i go to gun shows every 4 weeks - something i like to do

I would suggest spending time on a typing class. Grammar and punctuation is in great need of education.

I owned a TCP for a few years and it served me pretty well. I carried it a few different ways but, usually it was IWB at the 1330 position. I did have it fall out of the IWB holster once jumping over the side of my pickup from the bed. So, be careful how many 5ft jumps you make :biggrin:. I'm not sure how many rounds I had put through it, several thousand I'm sure of mixed types and pressures. I had the barrel lug break not that long ago, the lockup lug sheared on the retaining pin. To be fair though, I abused that little pistol. The barrels are cheap to replace too. I gave it to a family member as a stop-gap carry piece until they find what they really want. I have been carrying a S&W 37 for a while now though.

Good to know Stan, a couple of years ago .380 was hard to find. Glad that you have a source.

On another train of thought. I believe the Sig P938 will be my next carry gun. It comes with a OWB holster and maybe a mag holder, but the mag holder shouldn't be too hard to find, in fact I may already have something that will work. At one time I thought the Kel Tec PF-9 was a good small weapon, and then came Kahr and others. The P938 is the smallest 1911 styled pistol, very concealable and something I will eventually own. I've seen the prices of this pistol range anywhere from $670 (at the USAF Exchange in Spokane) to $630 at the Double Eagle Pawn Shop also in Spokane. On gunbroker they go new for $500 (something)...I regularly buy weapons over the Internet, since I have a friend with a FFL.

As far as the Kel-Tec 2000 that's a fine weapon as well. If you now carry a 9mm, it's been said, that one should also carry a 9mm rifle. Keep your ammo to one caliber. I do like the Kel-Tec 16A or 16B though, because it is functional to what I need in a rifle. It has a bipod that collapses onto the front barrel and the stock will hold 2 spare 10 round magazines. It will also accept the standard 30 round .223/5.56 mags. As a ranch rifle I can carry in my truck, that would accommodate me very well.

Sig P938
Link Removed

I owned a TCP for a few years and it served me pretty well. I carried it a few different ways but, usually it was IWB at the 1330 position. I did have it fall out of the IWB holster once jumping over the side of my pickup from the bed. So, be careful how many 5ft jumps you make :biggrin:. I'm not sure how many rounds I had put through it, several thousand I'm sure of mixed types and pressures. I had the barrel lug break not that long ago, the lockup lug sheared on the retaining pin. To be fair though, I abused that little pistol. The barrels are cheap to replace too. I gave it to a family member as a stop-gap carry piece until they find what they really want. I have been carrying a S&W 37 for a while now though.

Heading over from the Taurus Firearma thread. Sounds like what happened to mine and I really didn't abuse mine at all. I have always felt these small .380s are fragile and most I have seen fail were probably fired more than they should be. I didn't put many rounds through mine - 50 or so periodically to be sure it still functioned. First problem was the ejector broke. It came back and in short order the barrel lug sheared, just as you describe and the tale of that is in our other thread.

Most often carried mine as a backup in an ankle holster.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back