Favorite Handgun?

This may have been posted already but I was wondering what your favorite handgun is?

Going back to the original question, it would be my Great Western II's in 45 Colt. I don't know if John Wayne could hit anything with his but I can mine.

CC - CZ 75 P-01 3.8" 9mm
Home - CZ 75BD 4.6" 9mm
Home - Springfield A1 1911 5" .45

I have several others but the above are my favorites :yes4:

O.K. favorite carry gun: Kel-Tec PF9. Reliable (after return to factory some years ago; current updates worked). More accurate that expected. All but invisible in a variety of positions. Favorite gun, that's like asking what would you keep if you could only keep one.......I'd "respectfully" refuse! Favorite, elderly but well maintained 6.5" model 29. Most likely taken in "bug out remote" mode. any good quality 4" .357 magnum. Fairly easy ammo acquisition, easy enough to conceal (Security Six, Speed Six), dead nuts accurate, powerfull enough for anything within reason, and some beyond (assuming handloading). Just my opinion, likely not satisfactory for others, and I don't discount the good high cap. autos.
Take care.

Many people do not understand the term self-defense. It means defending yourself if attacked. Now most people do not even carry a gun. The ones who do carry are at a big advantage. Because carrying a concealed gun means the bad guys do not know you are armed. So if someone pulls a gun or walks into a store with one, they do not see yours. The idea is to use your gun at the right time. Now most bad guys use a .22lr, .22 mag, .380, 9mm, or .38, some do use higher calibers. Carrying a concealed weapon means they see no weapon and do not consider you a big threat. So if you are able to pull a gun and shoot them, even if it is a .32 acp it will not only surprise and shock them, it will allow a second shot by you. Most bad guys do not believe they are going to be shot at when they pull a gun, so when they do very seldom do they react to it fast. They like most people are concerned as to whether they are gonna die and in shock and pain. How often are people really attacked by bad guys with hi-power guns? Not often unless you are involved in drugs. So that little .32 acp is gonna do them in.
:dirol:
That .32acp is a rhino stopper. It has saved my life in the African expanses more times than I may count on my fingers and toes. I don't know how they crammed so much fire-power into that little pip-squeak, but I have to use boxers' tape to wrap the wrists on both hands before I go to the range to practice with it.

The above post is a total fabrication of nonsense, just like the post quoted above it.

I know it might be a odd ball but my Stoeger Cougar is my personal favorite.

I almost bought one of these until I picked up my Smith & Wesson SD40. The Cougar feels very good in my hand. Better than the Ruger SR Series, and many other pistols. But my SD feels like it was personally made for me. Maybe the next time I get some extra $$$, I'll check out the Stoegers again...

L8R,
Matt

Sent from my QMV7A using USA Carry mobile app

The Stoeger Cougar is one really nice gun. My friend has one and I have shot it. It is very accurate and dependable. He has over 500 flawless rounds through it and he says it eats every ammo he feeds it. They are made on Beretta machines in the Stoeger factory. Really a gun worth taking a look at. :triniti:

My husband's Sig 1911, bought it for him for Christmas 2 years ago and want it back.
Springfield XD sub-compact in 9mm for carry
For fun, I have 3 that I like equally: Browning Buckmark because it was my first (we always have a soft spot for our first), Ruger 10/22 breakdown because it's so portable as well as fun, and the AR-15 my husband built for me (which makes it really special) because it's accurate, intimidating looking, fun to shoot, and Diane Feinstein doesn't like it. Plus, black is very slimming. A gal has to think about that, you know.

I think the Bersa 380's are really underappreciated considering their price and quality. Thunder .45 is great also, although the magazines are pricey.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back