Expiration of certificates

Speedbump

Does anyone know if the conceal carry licensing course "certificate" expires after so many days? All I can find about this is if the license to carry expires.

Thanks...

Yes, I need to know for Florida. I didn't think they expired, but some people are taking the class over because they didn't act quick enough after receiving a certificate of completion, but didn't know how many days it was good for.

Florida is a 7 year License
I know about the License, I'm talking about the certificate we issue after the class has been successfully completed by the student. How long is the certificate good for?

you are telling me you are an instructor and do not know how to get this info except by a message board? I am glad I do not need info from you regarding a cwp

Wouldn't that be something Training Company specific? For example, NRA certs do not expire.

Even if a specific cert did have an expiration date...(doesn't really make sense to have one, that's like an expiration date on a high school diploma)...FL does not have a max time frame between taking the class and applying for the permit...so would it matter?

I dont know the answer to the question, but I can confirm that if you take the class, and then your instructor passes away before you get your license approved, that it will cause your application to get rejected...

you are telling me you are an instructor and do not know how to get this info except by a message board? I am glad I do not need info from you regarding a cwp
Well, if your so sure about that, why don't you answer the question for me like I asked and we'll all be in the know. I would also like more; than your telling me it never expires. If it's written that is does or does not expire, show me where it is said.

Wouldn't that be something Training Company specific? For example, NRA certs do not expire.

Even if a specific cert did have an expiration date...(doesn't really make sense to have one, that's like an expiration date on a high school diploma)...FL does not have a max time frame between taking the class and applying for the permit...so would it matter?
That's why I'm asking the question. I don't know the answer and I have looked for it. All I can find is the expiration of the actual license to carry. On the other hand, I have had at least 5 people tell me that their certification expired and they had to, or were going to have to; re-take the class. So someone at the licensing department must have told them that.

I wonder why the NRA certification has a place for the date if it never expires?

That's why I'm asking the question. I don't know the answer and I have looked for it. All I can find is the expiration of the actual license to carry. On the other hand, I have had at least 5 people tell me that their certification expired and they had to, or were going to have to; re-take the class. So someone at the licensing department must have told them that.

I wonder why the NRA certification has a place for the date if it never expires?

My N R A Basic Pistol cert has a date...but it's the date I took the class...not an expiration date.

I don't know about Florida. I can tell you that some jurisdictions insist that the training occur within a certain time period of applying for the license, hence the date on the NRA certificate. For example, in my county in NY state, it must be within three years. They also accept a DD214 (record of armed service) for vets who separated within three years. It is not a uniform practice in all counties or all states.

I don't know about Florida. I can tell you that some jurisdictions insist that the training occur within a certain time period of applying for the license, hence the date on the NRA certificate. For example, in my county in NY state, it must be within three years. They also accept a DD214 (record of armed service) for vets who separated within three years. It is not a uniform practice in all counties or all states.
Thanks Jim.

I read the whole thing for the State of Florida. The only place I see an expiration mentioned is the 7 year conceal permit. Then it must be renewed in a specified amount of time. There is quite a bit of Lawyer language in this, so I might have missed something. But if anyone wants to read it, here it is: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine It's about a 10 to 15 minute read.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back