Example of situational awareness in CA

I just thought I would share this. What do you all think about this? Are the majority of people in our country just part of the "Borg Hive Mind" and constitantly connected to a stream of information that they are not even capable of knowing what is going on around them? News from The Associated Press

hey, the GREAT majority of people are boring and have boring lives. so of COURSE they just veg out with facebook, etc. Actually DOING something, learning, etc, takes intelligence and focused effort. Way beyond what most people in the US are capable of.

It damn sure would've been noticed in NYC! Seriously dangerous situation with a seriously deranged individual.

I don't know if it is a majority but, I would agree that a large number subscribe to the "Borg Hive Mind". The next time that you are at a party or large gathering take a look at the number of people that are on or using their "Smart Phones" instead of interacting with the people right in front of them at the gathering. Another example that I see all the time is people walking down the street with the ear buds in listening to their ipods and iphones not paying attention. No wonder the number of accidents of people walking into traffic, fountains and holes have increased. There was a story on the news last night called "Apple Picking". People are so into the ipods and iphones that they pay not attention to what is around them (situational awareness) that the thieves just walk up behind them and snatch device away. As a point, police officer were doing the snatching in the story just to show them what was going on then returning the device.

Yes, that link worked. Wow, talk about self-absorbed. That's why you see videos of people texting on their cell phones and walking into poles, falling in fountains, and tripping over things.

Well at least the clueless fools are good for a laugh. On the other hand, paying no attention to the sound and sight of a deranged person with a gun is beyond being self absorbed.

So so sad but unfortunately true. Prime example--- look at the state of our nation,and how many truly care at this time?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back