Enhance your dryfire training

wallace11bravo

First off, hello Missouri!

Wanted to let you know about a new product that we will be exhibiting and selling at the upcoming KCI Gun Show on Feb 16th and the 17th.

Laser Activated Shot Reporter (L.A.S.R.)
...is a computer program that can provide real-time feedback on shot placement and times in conjunction with laser dryfire devices such as SIRT products or Laser Ammo inserts. Watch the video below or at the link to learn more.

We will have L.A.S.R. available for you to try at the KCI Gun Show. We will have license codes for the software available for purchase along with a good selection of laser dryfire training devices with some very nice package pricing!

Follow the link to learn more:
Link Removed

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through my website, or just a leave a note on this thread and I will get back to you ASAP.

While its still awesome to have, the hardware laser targets is just a single target. The version I have doesn't produce a sound with each pull of the trigger, doesn't have a shot timer with the capability of recording each shot interval, and I have to buy more of these type of targets if I want to practice transitions, etc.

The LASR has it all, I can create multiple targets within the field of view of the webcam, place the targets anywhere, create various size targets, shoot any type of target, a shot timer (with par, random, instant, etc.), it tracks each shot and the intervals, you can save your practice sessions and create a report on your progress, and the bells and whistle that I like the most, produces a sound very time you take a shot. Right now its just beeps, maybe in the future versions they'll let you use your own sounds but having sounds with laser is ten times better than none.

At a cost of 67% cheaper than the hardware based laser targets currently on the market, this is without the doubt the best investment I've ever made for my dry fire training. I typically get the professional versions of anything I buy, but I opted for the standard because I'm the only one who will be using it. I may regret this decision later.

The cons. Anything I say at this point is nitpicking. For instance, the sounds between the shot timer and simulated shots is hard to distinguish between them. Having to buy a webcam versus using the one that is built-in. (Though I can see the advantages getting an external webcam.)

And for fun, though it may not work, while watching the Walking Dead, I'm going to outline targets on the TV screen as my own virtual shooting simulator! (Update: Tried it and it didn't work on the TV.)

Bottom line, the hardware version didn't get me all that interested in doing any type of dry fire training, but this does. Short of practicing recoil management, it now feels like I'm actually at the range.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!

We are looking into optional sounds for our Pro version users, but most of our efforts are going towards polishing our "Shooter Diagnostics Mode" and "Race Mode" right now. Check out the Link Removed page for more info on those.

Edit: fixed the link

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back