“Embittered” Pearl Harbor Survivors Need to Get Over It"

“Embittered” Pearl Harbor Survivors Need to Get Over It"

Now I am pissed off. Earnest has no understanding of what it is like to see the men and women you serve with die or bleed or lose limbs or be rendered brain damaged. What did he have to get over? A bad grade in college maybe.

I did four tours in Nam. The last one was cut short due to a severe wound. I will never go there because I don't have anything but bad memories of my time there. Earnest obviously doesn't understand that.

My brother in law ran an Army Post Office in Nam. His greatest danger was a paper cut. He went back last year and raved about it. I pointed out to him that he never loaded dead and wounded Americans on choppers. If he had he might not have felt so good about the trip.

For me the Pearl Harbor Vets can be as angry as they choose. They earned the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The comment after the article had me rolling on the floor:

"How about they get over slavery that was ended over 150 years ago. "

Yep!!!!! I was in Japan 20 years after the end of the war. It was unsafe to go into some towns as the people there were still bitter towards Americans. If I went there today, maybe not so much because the ones who were there in WW II are mostly dead. It wasn't the US that attacked Japan. It was Japan that attacked without a declaration of war even. Maybe Josh ( name fits ) needs to go someplace and be bombed.

I'm glad you pointed that out, I normally don't read the comments

I was in Okinawa in '65 like S&W 645, and there was trouble there and the US ARMY was the government there at the time (No thanks to the Bumbler Gerry Ford who gave it away in the 70's)

The Japanese are re-writing the history books right now saying they were the peace lovers and they had all this territory stolen from them. Now they are re-militarizing Japan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back