Ellsworth Maine Police Dept. Positive!!!!

Joe Legere

I was riding with a friend of mine down to work and got pulled over for speeding in the middle of Ellsworth. My friend was driving. He's from the UK and he still hasnt gotten used to driving in the states. He was doing 44 in a 25. The officer pulls us over, my friend moved to the right as he should. I handed my friend my I.D. and my CCP and told him that when the officer walks up to the window to give it to him. He did so. The officer looked at my I.D. an my CCP and hands it back to my friend without saying a word. In the end, my friend got a verbal warning for the speeding and the headlight out.

This story has to be completely false. Many people on this forum "know" that police hate guns and they will harass you when they find out you have a gun. A LEO that didn't beat you up for carrying a gun? What a lie!

Sarcasm aside, nice to hear about yet another positive LEO encounter. :)

Seriously? Oh never mind. Tell your garbage man, logging worker and farmer about your CCP and show them I.D. too, I don't care. Why even try to hide it? Just wear a bright, shiny CCP badge and be done with it.

FYI: You have no obligation to inform an officer in Maine. If you had just sat there he probably wouldn't even have addressed you as the passenger.

FYI: You have no obligation to inform an officer in Maine. If you had just sat there he probably wouldn't even have addressed you as the passenger.

I thought I had read somewhere that Maine was a notify state. After this thread started, I went back and read through the statutes and you are right. No notification required.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back