Driving across Peace Bridge into Canada - Need to check guns in USA

m6rk

I am driving into Canada across the Peace Bridge, Buffalo NY. Does anyone know best place in Buffalo NY to store my guns? I will be re-entering USA on a Sunday. Thanks!

Massachusetts. I read i can carry as long as i am driving through. Is that not the case?

GOD NO! The US portion of your trip ends in New York. If you were lucky it would have been a misdemeanor carrying a jail sentence of 1 year to possess the handgun in New York and stop at the Canadian Border. Then pass that handgun to someone else to hold it for you and you have illegally transferred it in New York. I don't know what that is - misdemeanor or felony. The only "person" you could even begin to legally transfer the handgun to would be an FFL and now there is the record of transfer that would prove you possessed the handgun illegally in New York. Then once the New York FFL gets their hands on your handgun, they cannot transfer it back to you. Given New York's gun laws you would be lucky if they could ship it to a Massachusetts FFL for transfer back to you - but the New York police would probably have confiscated it by then - if you could even find an FFL wiling to receive it from you in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back