Don't Get a Capital One Card

Rhino

Capital One Might Come A'Knocking On Your Office Door
Credit card company says it can show up at your work

Capital One has run a series of clever ads with the tagline, "What's in your wallet?" Now it appears the company has tried to lay the groundwork so it can ask about your Capital One account via your regular phone or cell with fake caller ID, text message, or fax "with any frequency" and even showing up unannounced at home or work, according to the Los Angeles Times.

It's a set up for aggressive collection activities that could become a potential nightmare, particularly if the process involves your work life. Not many companies would be happy to field a series of messages or visits over a personal financial matter.......
Capital One Might Come A'Knocking On Your Office Door - Careers Articles

Credit cards are probably one of the worst things that ever happened to the American Public. It actually allows you to buy things you can't afford. Once you are a debtor, you are always a debtor. If you actually read the credit terms (and most don't) if spells out the bondage you will be in forever. Think not?
Stop making payments for a couple of months. And, their minimum payment plan is designed to keep you hooked for life.
I was lucky enough to get out. Now I use credit cards by paying it off every month, and I use a CC that doesn't have a service charge or yearly fee. It is easy to just write one check to pay everything off(gas, groceries, misc. purchases, and bills) monthly. Saves a lot of check writing and I'm working on their money, not mine. I have never had, nor do I want a debit card.

....Now I use credit cards by paying it off every month, and I use a CC that doesn't have a service charge or yearly fee. It is easy to just write one check to pay everything off(gas, groceries, misc. purchases, and bills) monthly. Saves a lot of check writing and I'm working on their money, not mine. I have never had, nor do I want a debit card.
That's what we do.

That's what we do.

I got one because I'd paid off all my debt and had no credit, so I couldn't be on the mortgage. Made one large purchase and did the minimum for a while, just so I could have credit again. I keep a small balance on there, and just hang on to it, in case of emergencies. Cause yeah, credit cards are evil. :)

If you are stupid enough to buy things that you cannot afford, then why would you be bellyaching when the people you owe money to are trying to collect?

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. If you can, pay your debt. Simple.

Credit cards are probably one of the worst things that ever happened to the American Public. It actually allows you to buy things you can't afford. Once you are a debtor, you are always a debtor. If you actually read the credit terms (and most don't) if spells out the bondage you will be in forever. Think not?
Stop making payments for a couple of months. And, their minimum payment plan is designed to keep you hooked for life.
I was lucky enough to get out. Now I use credit cards by paying it off every month, and I use a CC that doesn't have a service charge or yearly fee. It is easy to just write one check to pay everything off(gas, groceries, misc. purchases, and bills) monthly. Saves a lot of check writing and I'm working on their money, not mine. I have never had, nor do I want a debit card.

In addition a credit card gives you a mediator in case you have difficulty with a merchant. The credit card company can actually intercede for you to rectify a matter. I work on their money to make a purchase and if the purchase is defective and the merchant won't work with me, contact the CC company and tell them "hey, I tried to return this but they won't work with me... help".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back