Dolling Up A Plain Jane Bushmaster

billt

Banned
I've always liked my Bushmasters. They're good, dependable AR's for the buck. Mine were all purchased back when Richard Dyke owned the company, before the Cerberus buy out. I really like my plain Jane M-4, A-1 model. A while back I decided to make some improvements to it to make it shoot and look even better. Nothing groundbreaking mind you. I started with replacing the stock and forend. I went with a Vltor E-Mod Stock that gave me a more comfortable cheek weld, and about an inch more length of pull for my long arms, and a Midwest Industries 4-Rail Forend.

I then added a Ergo Deluxe Tactical pistol grip. They have a nice "grippy" feel to them, along with a fat palm swell that feels a lot better than the skinny, standard grip. I also added a Ares Armor M-16 Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier Group. I couldn't pass up the price, (just $99.99 delivered to my door). The magazine is a standard Mag-Pul P-Mag I dolled up with a magazine wrap from U.S. Night Vision. They really look nice, and come in a bunch of different themes. They just peel and stick. You have to work them into the nooks and crannies with a heat gun or hair dryer. It's really easy, and give the gun a more personal look. The last thing I added was a UTG all aluminum retractable fore grip, and a BCM Large Latch Gunfighter Charge Handle.

Anyway, it just shows what you can do without spending a ton of money to personalize a rather common gun into something that sets it apart from every other one you see out there. It's the second one from the right in the bottom photo, which is what it looked like as I took it from the box.

Do the wraps stand up as well as duracote?/cerakote?

I can't really say at this point. They advertise they are solvent and abrasion resistant. They stick pretty well, but if you screw up during the application process, you can easily peel them back and reapply them. Then, after you "work them in" with a heat gun and your fingers, and they cool down and set up, they seem to be much more permanent. So far they worked out better than I planned. You get 3 wraps, (a left side and a right side), enough for 3, 30 round magazines. I wish they gave you an assortment, a "variety pack" if you will, instead of 3 the same. But all in all I give them a thumbs up. Here is a video from U.S. Night Vision showing the installation if you're interested.

I just bought 10 used magazines, functional but scratched...I'll try these .308 wraps out.

It looks like they have some variety packs on their website now.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

I just bought 10 used magazines, functional but scratched...I'll try these .308 wraps out. It looks like they have some variety packs on their website now.

I noticed that as well. I bought mine from my local Cabela's. They had the Constitution theme on sale, so I thought I'd try them. I used a $10 heat gun I bought from Harbor Freight to apply them. Worked great.

For now, 3 got wrapped. They look nice, they do have seams, but for $20 it was worth it.

Not yet, will hopefully get to that today. Scar mags are flat to begin with, so they look pretty good as is, the heat makes it stick more permanently though, so I'll definitely heat it when I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back