Does it ever stop hurting?

Blakester

I shoot therefore I am
Last week marked six years since I lost my old teamleader, August marked eight years since I lost my old rifleman, and June marked ten years since I lost my old saw gunner and our other teamleader. We had a rough go of things. Losing my old teamleader was the worst, because outside of work he was a true friend and we stayed friends after my time of service ended. Where the hell did ten, eight, and six years go?

My question is this: when does it stop hurting?

It never completely goes away. If it does that means you forgot, which we both know you never will. I lost 7 troops years ago and still call their families every Veterans Day. Live every day for them, yourself, your family and for God and you will make it.

Thanks fear. I just can't let some things go. Some jackass who should have never been in the infantry got my old teamleader killed. It was a few years after we served together; but I still dream about catching that worthless sack of ****, kicking in his teeth and taking his trigger fingers. It's been bothering me a lot lately.
When you lose a buddy in war it is terrible, but in a straight up fire fight it is fair. All it means is that they did they jobs a little bit better than we did ours today; I can accept that. Losing guys to IEDs is more painful because it is a cheap shot, a sucker punch. Then there's the case of my TL, the worthless POS was in a LPOP with him, and somehow the enemy crept up on them and got the first shots off according to him. His story doesn't add up for a lot of reasons.

Revenge can become an overwhelming monster in the soul... don't let it engulf you. Dwelling on the day when vengeance can be extracted, ostensibly may seem wonderful but in reality will only suck the joy of life away from you. Remember your friend as the glowing entity that he was in your life and relegate the "jackass" as one who is completely dead to you. It is not easy, but pushing away the demon of revenge will serve you well. Godspeed my friend!

Live you life with as much honor and dignity as you can in the memory of your friends that didn't get the chance to see their baby born, or son play football or raise a family at all.
Above all don't forget them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back