CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

do you have to carry a double action pistol cocked??

Move, tap, rack & flip to ejector port side, Bang!! All while remaining pointed in. In a gun fight of course...

At the range; cringe, wait, tap, rack & flip to the ejector port side over the "dud bucket"..

Pulling the trigger on a wheel gun that does not go bang could result in a hang fire that blows up your gun. With a semi the dud is ejected.
First of all you have a much greater chance of being in a car accident on the way to the range than a hang-fire. Hang-fires are rare but on the range(as everywhere) safety is first. However in the situation of self defense which is what I was refering to the risk of a hang-fire is tiny compared to the threat (man with a knife, tire iron or whatever) that caused you to draw and fire your gun. Haveing been there I can assure you that you keep pulling the trigger till the threat is gone and I guarantee the risk of a hang-fire is something you do not think about at that time. And duds do sometimes jam in a semi-auto. Just because I prefere wheel guns doesnt mean I dont like semi-autos and I have(do)owned some. Like everyone on this site I have my like and dislikes.

Was he referring to how it should be set down when not shooting maybe? Slide racked back and safety on? That would make more sense.

I think most hang-fire's seem to come from old or reloaded ammo; bad/old components used in reloading; bad/old powder or primers, or moisture/oil contamination. That sort of thing. That's another reason to use only factory ammo for carry purposes.

Email