Dicks sporting goods and Walmart

They need to stick to what they do best sale firearms and ammo and stay the hell out of politics, just because the political winds have shifted because of a knee jerk reaction.

Walmart has been reported to no longer be taking orders for ammo
Stopped by my local Wal Mart this morning. They are out of almost every kind of ammo.
I asked to talk to the person in charge of ordering to see if they had any information on this subject.
The manager I talked to said they had not heard anything...BUT.
She tried to order some .223 as I was standing there. She said the order was being rejected by the corporate office. Said she had never had that happen.

She called corporate as I was standing there.
And was told this. "As of right now Wal Mart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the second amendment". Said, "As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders. We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved".

So after they run out, there will be no restocking until Obama makes his decision...Hows that change working out for you now?

As I said, I don't have a link, but you can call Wal Mart headquarters at 1-800-925-6278 for yourself and ask. After the answer press 2 then 1 then 1 again and wait to talk to a rep. I just did this myself and was told the same thing.
I called the 1 800 number and spoke with a Representative, He stated he was unaware of the ammo issue and asked what store I was referring too. I told him about all the stores I have been too, he then stated that Corporate higher ups would be contacting me in 72 hours too address my request.
Dicks is a little bit different, they have no ammo or AR rifles. Talked with clerk he gave me a crazy look Like why would I ask about ammo and guns with what happen in Connecticut. I said why is dicks trying to restrict my right to firearms when it's not their place to do this. The clerk said it's the right thing too do.

I said in response while looking directly into his eyes
"NO HERE'S THE RIGHT THING TOO DO" Turned around and walked out. I don';t know about anyone else but now it the time to cut ties with the Corporate giants and get back to our local gun shops even though we may be paying a higher price enough is enough. They need too be taught a lesson on what their job is.

Well that was fast. Just heard from the corporate office. She was very nice to talk with. But still puzzling
1. She said the ammo is federally regulated and could only ship out what the government allowed them too ship
2. This was supposed to have happen after the Connecticut shooting
Now three is the puzzling part
3.. two weeks ago I told her I had just bought 13 box of a new shipment of 7.62 x 39
So in short Wal mart tried to blow smoke up my ass.

Well that was fast. Just heard from the corporate office. She was very nice to talk with. But still puzzling
1. She said the ammo is federally regulated and could only ship out what the government allowed them too ship
2. This was supposed to have happen after the Connecticut shooting
Now three is the puzzling part
3.. two weeks ago I told her I had just bought 13 box of a new shipment of 7.62 x 39
So in short Wal mart tried to blow smoke up my ass.

Or has an executive order limiting ammo purchases by retailers already been issued....?

My buddy tried to go to bills gun range and shoot their 5.7 and was told the government shut off supply off 5.7 x 28mm ammo. They will receive 2 boxes a month and that is all

My buddy tried to go to bills gun range and shoot their 5.7 and was told the government shut off supply off 5.7 x 28mm ammo. They will receive 2 boxes a month and that is all
Yeah that's what I forgot to mention the lady said they were only allowed to boxes of ammo in one shipment. Not sure if she meant 2 cases or two 20 round or 50 round bozes.

Bills said 2x 50 boxes for 5.7, but I hope not all walmarts are doing that. They are the number 1 gun seller in the US, so to stop supplying ammo is like shooting themselves in the foot literally

Reports from most sites seem to indicate that this is a result of panic-driven purchases. When you combine that with the millions of rounds purchased by the government toward the end of last year, it appears that ammo manufacturers are simply overloaded. The person with whom I just spoke at Hornady indicated that the government has done nothing to limit them, at least not at this time. It sounds like through the roof market demand.

Nationwide Ammo Shortage: Police Officers Impacted By Shortage, Rationing Rumors Surface

Police departments facing ammo shortage nationwide

Ammunition shortage hits local gun stores - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

Link Removed

Ammo sounds like the next battlefront. If the government can make it too expensive to go to the range, they win. :(

Ammo sounds like the next battlefront. If the government can make it too expensive to go to the range, they win. :(

Or they will have a **** load of out of practice folks carrying firearms. Wonder how reloading supplies are doing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back