Deprived of Ability to Defend Onesself

wuzfuz

I live in Chehalis, WA, and Chehalis and Centralia are listed as the twin cities. We are served by a transit system called Twin Transit. This is a very nice system, featuring modern comfortable coaches, kneeling buses and lifts for loading and unloading mobility scooters and power chairs. I only have one problem with Twin Transits. In the list of rules for TT, it states that weapons are prohibited on the buses. Not only am I stripped of my ability to defend myself on the bus. but my weapon does not suddenly materialize when I leave the bus. I guess I just have to carry concealed and hope no one braces me.

I live in Chehalis, WA, and Chehalis and Centralia are listed as the twin cities. We are served by a transit system called Twin Transit. This is a very nice system, featuring modern comfortable coaches, kneeling buses and lifts for loading and unloading mobility scooters and power chairs. I only have one problem with Twin Transits. In the list of rules for TT, it states that weapons are prohibited on the buses. Not only am I stripped of my ability to defend myself on the bus. but my weapon does not suddenly materialize when I leave the bus. I guess I just have to carry concealed and hope no one braces me.

wuzfuz,

Twin Transit is a public transportation system operated by the Lewis County and Centralia and Chehalis city governments.

Link Removed

As a subdivision of a county and municipal government, lawful handgun possession on the buses, either openly carried (loaded only allowed with a CPL) or concealed with a CPL is protected by Washington's preemption statute, RCW 9.41.290 and cannot be prohibited. Rifles would be allowed to, but must be unloaded, regardless of CPL status. County and City governments can only regulate firearms possession and carry in places they are allowed to by RCW 9.41.300 and public transportation is not one of those places.

Look carefully at the signs posted, are you sure they do not say "illegal firearms possession is prohibited"? I know Tacoma public transportation has those signs posted as well as Washington State Ferries. That sign in now way prohibits a person from open carrying, all that is prohibited is "illegal firearms"!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back