Dawn of a New Year

BIGJOHN621

It's almost 2012 in some part of the country, and will be soon all throughout the land. Last year, we saw expansion of freedoms in some areas, such as Wisconsin and Wyoming, and the restriction of freedom in others such as California and Florida.

With election time coming up in November of 2012, I can't help but wonder if we are going to vote in a second term of restriction and Liberal agenda nationally or will we have some moderation to restriction of freedoms.

Will we have the senses to look past issues and campaign promises to see each person running at their most basic levels. Are they for larger government and restriction or for smaller government and more freedom? There is no third direction, IMO. Despite the rhetoric, this is what it comes down to. Another thread stated, aptly, that we are one election away from losing our rights. This is not a partisan plea, but a reality check. We are one election away from this EVERY election.

Please let's band together and speak with one voice against the restrictors and bureaucrats. Look beyond the campaign promises to each candidates basic values and vote for freedom, whomever that may be.

Happy New Year.

Hopefully all will look past the tag of Democratic or Republican. Examine the candidates for what they are, their views, their past voting records. Granted, all that can change the second they "raise their right hand......". To vote straight party ticket is foolish. NO ONE party has the answers. Biggest problem is getting both sides to work together. They seem to forget to work for OUR country and not THEIR agendas. A real and true government would work for the people, not for corporate interests. Am I dreaming, probably. Oh well, I can always keep that dream alive and hope.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back