Crossbreed Owners- What position do you find best for the clips?

firemanlimo

I have been trying to figure out the best config with my crossbreed holster to minimize "printing" with little improvement. If you have a crossbreed holster how do you have it set? Thanks

I carry at 4 o'clock. Not sure what you are asking in regard to the clips. There is nothing I can do with the clips on mine that will make a difference.

Depends on what size gun you are carrying. I carry a Kahr CM9 appendix. No printing at all. Can't carry there as well with a larger gun. I wanted to carry at 4 but my shirt kept bunching on my grip. Hope you figure it out.

Funny you ask, i have had one for 6 months and just changed the clip locations and love it. Just like a whole new holster. My front one is on the top hole and the back is second from bottom with both tipped alot. It makes the gun site at almost a 45 degree angle and make my glock 23 almost unsee even with out tucking in my shirt. It also rides very low and angled so sitting is easier. Just keep playing with it and change it ever now and than to try. Good luck

I'm a lefty so mine is going to be opposite......i wear mine forward of my hip: about 10 o'clock---probably 2 o'clock for a righty. I carry my XDm and it is comfortable even when sitting in the car. i have the clips adjusted so that the grip is canted slightly forward.
Hope that makes sense......

I carry a 24/7 Pro C AIWB. If I'm carrying my XDM, I carry about 3:30. But, it's hard to beat AIWB for concealment.

I have been trying to figure out the best config with my crossbreed holster to minimize "printing" with little improvement. If you have a crossbreed holster how do you have it set? Thanks

I carry at 3:00 so my arm is a distraction and helps a lot when bending. But it's the gun that prints, not the holster. May want to edit your title for more responses. Nothing specific to Crossbreed, or Hybrid IWBs. We all have the same issues. Keep in mind body shape and how you dress plays more of a part in printing than anything, assuming your carrying a gun that's goods at being concealed! As far as the cant adjustment, I typically have the front one notch lower.

I have a S&W M&Pc-9 that I carry at 3:00. I've got the clips adjusted for that pistol and for my body type. The adjustments I make, or anyone else for that matter, aren't as important as getting it right on you, with your weapon.

The best thing to do is to loosen the T-nuts that secure your clips so you can move things around, put the crossbreed where you want to wear it and then add your weapon. You can make adjustments while it's loose then tighten things down once you're comfortable. Check to see how it prints and adjust as needed.

Good luck.

That's fabulous, thedub88, absolutely priceless information. Also completely irrelevant to the conversation; we're referring to the belt CLIPS that hold the crossbreed holster while wearing it. The CLIPS can be adjusted to allow you to adjust the cant and rise of your weapon in relation to the belt line. I'm pretty sure I read that in a magazine...

Thanks for playing ;-)

LOL....

Anyway... I carry XD .45 Compact in SuperTuck at 3:30, back clip in second from bottom hole, and front clip on third from bottom. The back clip (depending on the pants) usually sets very close to a belt loop, and if I'm tucking, sometimes I can actually scoot the clip under the belt loop at a slight angle. Doesn't completely hide it, but it helps a little.

I have the clips mounted on it to give almost the maximum forward cant. Front clip in top hole, rear clip in next to bottom hole. I carry at 3 - 3:30 position, full size XD40. With a shirt tucked and slightly bloused, it hides pretty well. With an untucked, loose shirt, it's invisible.

That's fabulous, thedub88, absolutely priceless information. Also completely irrelevant to the conversation; we're referring to the belt CLIPS that hold the crossbreed holster while wearing it. The CLIPS can be adjusted to allow you to adjust the cant and rise of your weapon in relation to the belt line. I'm pretty sure I read that in a magazine...

Thanks for playing ;-)

oh geez!!! Thanks Chapguy. I gotta stop posting before 7 am!! Obviously im sick of hearing clips instead of magazine!

-
QwikClip on the lowest spot, allowing for the greatest cant. This allows a better draw for me at 4:30, & angles the grip downwards along the curve of the back for (IMO) a better conceal.

Unless I stoop over awkwardly & with poor posture, my PF-9 doesn't bump out.

I have the clips mounted on it to give almost the maximum forward cant. Front clip in top hole, rear clip in next to bottom hole. I carry at 3 - 3:30 position, full size XD40. With a shirt tucked and slightly bloused, it hides pretty well. With an untucked, loose shirt, it's invisible.

I also go with front clip in top hole and back in next to bottom hole. I carry closer to 4:00 with an XDm compact and it is invisible (or dang close) with shirt tucked or untucked.

OK i'll try this again lol.

I'm tall and skinny, so when I started carrying with the supertuck, it was too big for my body. If I had the back clip at 6:00, then the front clip was at 2:00, and the bottom front would dig in to the top of my thigh when I sat down. I made a new hole for the front clip an inch closer to the center and kept the rig canted foward. Then I cut the "extra" leather around the front and bottom so it wouldn't dig in. Now the clips are at 2:00 and 4:00 I also found the leather too hard, so I used contact cement to attach a mouse pad to the back, and trimmed it to fit. I also did the mouse pad thing to my crossbreed single iwb mag holder.

If you want to soften the leather used for IWB holsters, use a small amount of olive oil on the side that isn't finished. I worked in a saddle shop for many years and we used it on leather of all sorts. Works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back