Crossbreed Holster for full size Glock 21

k9ontheway

Improvise-Adapt-Overcome
Yayyyyy!! She has finally arrived. I want to say THANK YOU to the guys and gals at Crossbreed for this excellent holster and thanks to all of you here that gave it props. If it wasn't for all of you, I never would have heard of them, let alone bought one for myself.

I've been carrying OWB lately in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC rig at around 3:30. Underneath a plaid button-up or light jacket, my full size Glock disappears nicely.

But there are some settings where I'd like to wear my "typical jeans and a t-shirt" attire and obviously that counts the Blackhawk out as a practical method of CC.

Enter, DeSantis Gunhides IWB holster. Too damn uncomfortable, still prints quite a bit, zero weight distribution and you literally have to unbutton your pants and "drop trou" in order to reholster your weapon due to the holster collapsing in on itself. This means less time training (obviously) with it and I'm much much less likely to consider it for EDC.

Then my wife ordered up a Crossbreed.... and the game has changed entirely.

With shorts and a t-shirt, jeans and a t-shirt, jeans and a polo, untucked or tucked, this baby conceals completely! And my god is it comfortable. Crossbreed is easily the most comfortable holster I've EVER worn... this includes OWB rigs as well.

I'm a very very satisfied customer and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone for CC use! If I can conceal a FULL SIZE Glock under a snug t-shirt, I'm pretty sure anyone else can as well. At 6'4 and 180lbs, I don't usually conceal anything without considerably dressing around the gun but the Crossbreed Supertuck just changed that!

I can wear what I like to wear, no ifs ands or buts, and still carry my double-stack .45 like it's nothing.

No more "The .380 in your pocket is better than the .45 left at home"

That is something I can respect. Thank you Crossbreed and USA-Carry for getting me into the best holster money can buy.

Im kind of surprised you dont like the DeSantis holster. I have the DeSantis Intruder IWB leather/kydex holster and I really like it but have been considering a crossbreed supertuck.

Love my crossbreed's I own 3 of them...1 for a Glock 19, glock 26, and a bodyguard 380... I've tried probably 7-8 other holsters including bravo concealment which has a 40-60 wait and only wear crossbreed they are the best

Im kind of surprised you dont like the DeSantis holster. I have the DeSantis Intruder IWB leather/kydex holster and I really like it but have been considering a crossbreed supertuck.

I'm not sure which model I have but it's not the Intruder. I have the feeling I would like your model now that I look at it.

The one I have is a pancake style leather holster with a single belt clip. No Kydex at all.

I've tried probably 7-8 other holsters including bravo concealment which has a 40-60 wait and only wear crossbreed they are the best

Do the Bravo rigs tend to conceal fairly well on larger guns? That was another line I've been looking into recently for times I need to go OWB. How do you like it?

Thou the qualtiy of the holster was good I actually returned my bravo concealment. I purchased it for my glock 19 but I just couldn't get comfortable wearing it OWB. Wasn't the holster so much I just prefer IWB. concealed ok but like any OWB if ur tryn to conceal it ur gonna need proper clothing... Just haven't been able to beat my crossbreed for EDC

Is there any advantage to the crossbreed holster over the other leather/kydex hybrids? Several manufacturers make the same type of holster and the 'old faithful' can be had at about half the price if you don't mind assembling the pieces yourself (less if you don't mind forming/trimming the kydex too). I ordered a 'type 3 kit' from old faithful for my EMP with horsehide and coyote tan this morning. My theory is that the horse hide prevents more sweat from getting through the holster and the color of the hide and the kydex blends better with my hide in case I do have an accidental exposure. They really need a 'pail-lilly-white guy' option!

I do like the velcro hook option that Crossbreed offers, anyone out there have real-world experience with this option?

Like most of us who choose to carry concealed we all end up with more holsters than handguns to go in them. My daily carry for years has been the Para Wart Hog but recently I bought a new Springfield Armory model XDs in .45acp and needed a holster even though one is provided with the pistol. I researched for weeks and talked to a good many others I know that CC and the concensus was the Crossbreed brand was the best. I visited their website and ended up ordering one of their IWB holsters for my new CC handgun and just this am I checked and it should arrive on either Mon or Tues of next week. If it turns out as I suspect it should be the last holster I have to buy for CC of my new purchase. The XDs is not just a smaller version of the XD line but is a complete redesigned sub compact and it is impressive. My main concern was how was the felt recoil going to be and it turns out it is comparable to a friends Walther .32 handgun. It is both easy to shoot and came out of the box very accurate with only a slight change of the rear sight which is drifted in and therefore only a little movement was needed to hit the POA. I also ordered 2 of the 7 round mags which I carry as a backup to the 2 5 round mags that came with the pistol. I am looking forward to my new holster arriving so I can get it a good coat of Camp Dri Mink Oil on the leather. The best to all and hoping that all have a Safe and Happy New Year !!!

I have the Crossbreed as well and if you want to try an equally as comfortable holster that give you more options.....try a (clip-less) Remora holster.

Here is a pics of mines and I have another IWB coming but I want to sell it when I get it. It's by JP holsters which is made out of kydex when I order it I didn't have my crossbreed. A member on one of the forum had it for sell so I took it.
Link RemovedLink Removed

Is there any advantage to the crossbreed holster over the other leather/kydex hybrids? Several manufacturers make the same type of holster and the 'old faithful' can be had at about half the price if you don't mind assembling the pieces yourself (less if you don't mind forming/trimming the kydex too). I ordered a 'type 3 kit' from old faithful for my EMP with horsehide and coyote tan this morning. My theory is that the horse hide prevents more sweat from getting through the holster and the color of the hide and the kydex blends better with my hide in case I do have an accidental exposure. They really need a 'pail-lilly-white guy' option!

I do like the velcro hook option that Crossbreed offers, anyone out there have real-world experience with this option?

Horsehide is relatively crappy leather. It doesn't offer any more moisture prevention than cowhide. Perhaps less, if you were to compare against a heavier weight of cowhide. The guy who started Old Faithful did a YouTube video on it. Also if you search Google you'll find other holster makers who comment on it.

Don't feel bad, I fell for it too, before I started researching different leathers for making my own holsters. I sweat easily, and live in the south. I regularly sweat through my horsehide holster.

Lately I'm making holsters out of 10-12 oz cowhide that's tanned for use in making horse tack. Works much better.

Any of you guys use the clips that go over the waistband but hook under the belt? Debating on whether to even offer those, doesn't seem to me like just the waistband would offer enough support.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

On the Crossbreed website they say to expect a 4-6 week wait time after ordering. I ordered mine at the same time I placed another order with Springfield Armory which came in 4 days and the Crossbreed order came in 10 days so the wait time given on their website is for when they are really busy and if not that busy their product comes a lot faster as I suspect they have started to stockpile certain model handgun holsters.

Congrats. I love my crossbreed for concealed carry. I also love my Serpa drop-leg that I use for my duty weapon. Both great holsters.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back