Crimson trace or lasermax guide rod style?!

Rhynoceo

I am the owner of a glock 21 & I was looking to go with a laser without using the rail type laser. What do you guys think about the Lasermax guide rod replacement type laser? I dont want a laser on my rail, due to the fact that it wont fit in any of my holsters & I JUS DONT LIKE IT.... But what do you guys think about crimson trace vs lasermax guide rod style?

I have a ruger lcr with a crimson trace grip and I love it, the only downfall I have with one for a glock is the fact that it slips onto the grips adding more size to them instead of replacing the grips altogether, but i dont like where the activation button for the lazermax is either. It all boils down to preference.

The only good thing I've heard about the rod guide laser is they do fit, yet they continue to sell fairly well. As for the need for a laser on a handgun, I can't justify it. I'd you are in a SD situation it will be at 21 feet or less. Do you need a laser at that distance?

I am the owner of a glock 21 & I was looking to go with a laser without using the rail type laser. What do you guys think about the Lasermax guide rod replacement type laser? I dont want a laser on my rail, due to the fact that it wont fit in any of my holsters & I JUS DONT LIKE IT.... But what do you guys think about crimson trace vs lasermax guide rod style?
I have a CT LaserGrp on my G26 for everyday carry and a LaserMax on my G27. I find the CT "fattens" the grip but is more accurate as it can be better adjusted for windage, distance and elevation. Since a guide rod spring may begin to weaken aftter six or seven thousand rounds you must replace the spring on the guide rod. I found this easy to do as the lasermax is not a caputured guide rod. All-in-all I personally prefer the CT. I have long hands/fingers so the change in grip actually fits better than the standard Glock. Most gun shows have a CT booth where you can feel the grip changes. The CT also fits all 32 of my holsters without interference. The activation button on the CT is directly behind the grip so when you properly grip the gun the laser turns on. A slightly looser grip will not activate the laser until you desire (a dead giveaway to your location)., which is a good tactical advantage. Very nice feature.

I don't own any glock's but won't own a gun without a CT laser grip on it. I did extensive research on all the lasers before I bought my first one, and CT got overwhelming better reviews. I believe they are the industry leaders. Sure, it could be because of advertising, but I doubt it. I think they are simply the best. I'm a 1911 guy, so the CT's don't affect the grips, another reason 1911's are better than Glock (KIDDING).

I have a set of CT grips on my Ruger sp101 and they are great. I plan to add a set for more of my handguns as I can afford them.

Lasermax

I have had them in G17,G21,G26 and G30 since each model became available.
Never have had a problem of any kind. Also never have had to replace a spring.
With some careful practice you will be able too tell how accurate they are.
Never have planned on them for quick use, BUT what if you need a tight shot
in low light with old eyes in a crowd ????

Also my Lasemax's blink which helps pull your eyes too the dot.
They all have limitations. Bright light, wrong color on target or materials
that sort of absorb the light. The further away the target the bigger the dot.
If there THAT far away I'm gonna run anyway.

From there web site.
Alignment, factory-set and permanent.
Your LaserMax Guide Rod Laser sight comes permanently
aligned from our factory for center-of-mass accuracy at 20 yards.
It will never drift out of alignment. And there is no need to
re-zero it after changing batteries.

I like the Crimson Trace. I feel that it is easier to manipulate the Laser On & Off. You can also do it one handed if need be... With the Lasermax you need the other hand to reach up and push the switch back to the center.

The Lasermax is good in that you can use ANY holster you normally would. You should be able to use MOST of the same holsters for the Crimson Trace, although I think there has been a few examples pointed our before that might cause a slight issue.

Crimson Trace also has front and Back activated grips for most models...

GLOCK's love being run with stock parts as well... Changing guide rods could cause a function issue. I'm not saying it will, But whenever you change something that was made to a specific spec., you always run that risk...

Crimson Trace Lasers do not interfere with any functionality of a pistol.

Laserlyte, rear sight laser???
This should eliminate the holster problem, don't know about CC ( I would think they would be OK ). Have no experience with, just seen them and their advertising.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back