Couple killed in home - firearms were locked in safe

DW98

This happened in my city here in Australia. A couple were stabbed and beaten to death in their home recently. A man has been arrested and some reports have suggested it was a robbery. The sad part is the homeowner owned firearms, but presumably was complying with the storage laws requiring the gun, bolt (if applicable) and ammo to be locked up separately. Maybe if he had access to them he would have been able to defend himself and his wife. Tragic...

A man accused of murdering a couple in their Melbourne home has appeared briefly in court.

Police charged Thomas Hemming with the murders of Robert Adamson, 65, and his wife Cheryl, 60, who were found dead in the back of their Murrumbeena home of 40 years on Wednesday afternoon.

Hemming, 21, also a Murrumbeena resident, appeared for a two-minute hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Saturday, where he was remanded in custody to face a filing hearing on Thursday. Hemming has been charged with two counts of murder.

Mr Adamson was an accountant and his wife the senior teacher librarian at Melbourne Grammar School's primary school, Grimwade House.Ms Adamson's work colleagues discovered the bodies in the couple's home on the quiet cul-de-sac, in Melbourne's southeast, when she failed to show up for work.

And the anti-gun media didn't waste any time.

There were 10 guns and a safe removed in the end. I don't think some rifles and shotguns constitutes an "arsenal" :rolleyes:

I spoke to someone about it at work and they said "I think anyone that collects gun has something wrong with them." I just shake my head sometimes....

Sorry to hear this. The right to defend one's self comes directly from their creator, not from a government decree.

Sorry to hear this. The right to defend one's self comes directly from their creator, not from a government decree.

The right to defend is part of the natural evolution of the species, all species. Every successful species has their own mechanism of self preservation, from flight to fight, or in some cases having a poisonous skin so nothing can eat you as in the case of many poisonous frogs.

Some species use superior speed to escape to protect their life, some use superior camouflage to hide and some stand and fight. We are of the 'stand and fight' club, but society has weaken vast numbers to the point that instinct no longer exists, but not all of us.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back