Couldn't pass it up

BUmmedic

Walked into a local pawn shop here in WI and found - what I consider to be - a good deal. Although I do not shoot or stock any 40S&W, they had a Glock 22 Gen 4 (SHLXXX S/N, which - from info on net - places is it as a late 2011 production) for $399.88 with matching numbers, no smile on the barrel, a perfect function test, 3-high capacity mags, and a leather Galco CC holster. Sure, there was some evidence of firing (powder residue), but otherwise looked to be in excellent to near mint condition. Didn't come with original box or any other accessories, but I prefer the MBS grip without any back strap, so it'll work out fine. Now the biggest question is... convert and primarily shoot 9mm (which I have plenty of and is my main pistol caliber) or use this as a reason to start buying and shooting .40??? I'll post pics after the mandatory 48hr wait once I pick it up and give it a good cleaning.

A glock is always a good choice.....and 40sw is worth it....i have several hand guns in 40 and 9. Either will do the job if you do.yours..my glock 22 is a sweet shooter...yours should be as well...this should be a post problem glock that they were having issues with at first ..but u can always contact glock and check to see if it has been updated with new rsa.....

Sent from my LGL86C using USA Carry mobile app

I have a G19 and G26, both gen 4's. Both have the most updated parts, but still exhibit some erratic ejection. I haven't put an insane number of rounds through each, but both are so good that I've pretty much gotten rid of my other manufacturer pistols. The G19 is my EDC, and I've been looking for a good deal on a G17, but couldn't turn down the G22. Figure I can always convert it to 9mm with a LW barrel and get some G17 mags to use as a 9mm. I've also never fired a .40SW, so not a bad place to start. Can't wait to get it home and cleaned.

You got a decent deal on the G22, it was most likely a police turn in, probably having been shot very little, ether way you did ok, but since you mention converting it to 9mm (like a G17), unless you plan to shoot a lot, I think I would keep it a 40, main reason is unless you have access to or have them already a 9mm barrel is, for a good one anyhow $150-$200 depending on exactly what you want, and Glock G17 mags are probably at least $30 apiece, so by the time you get a barrel, 3 mags and shipping you could get to near $300 which is easly half the price of a G17, now you can buy a cheap barrel, and aftermarket mags, but you still likely to have $200+ invested, so this is why I say buy the G17 or start shooting 40, what got me educated to this was I got a smoking deal on a G-31C nice shooter, noisy but real accuate, and I had the I idea of being able to make it G17, or G22, along with it being the 357 SIG, even making it 22 I would still have to get the barrel, and use my 357SIG mags, there the same, and I started checking on good barrels, and that's about as far as it went, shooting the 357 SIG is a little exspencive, but I also have a G26, (wifes gun) a G27, G23, and a G19

Congrats, and what a coincidence. I have been eying a Glock 26 Gen 4 at the gun shop of my range now for a few weeks. The price just went down to $450 (with range membership discount), so I went today and bought it. It came with three 10-round magazines, and I bought one extra 12-round magazine (with pinky extension). I already have a Glock 19 Gen 4, so I am good on the larger capacity magazines (15, 17, and 33 rounders). No waiting period in Tennessee, so as it was too late on the rage to shoot, I took it home today, cleaned it, and polished some parts. I will be shooting it tomorrow. :yes2:

Next up, a few upgrades, mainly the Ghost Inc. Evo Elite trigger kit and the Vickers Extended Mag Release. I am on the fence with sights, I do have the AmeriGlo Tritium Green/Yellow sights on my Glock 19 Gen 4. They are pretty good. I am also looking at Green/Yellow TruGlo TFO.

I am also considering dropping in the Glock 17 Gen 4 trigger bar in both, the Glock 19 and 26. It has the smooth trigger surface without the serrations. I have noticed that I am more accurate with the smooth trigger surface.

PS: While waiting on the paperwork to complete, I was fondling a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. This one is on my list as a next purchase.

PS: The main discussion in the gun shop was Tennesee's Constitutional open carry bill that may (or may not) come up for a vote next week. Currently the state does not distinguish between open or concealed carry and a carry permit is required. This bill would lift the restrictions from open carry.

Both.

Has no permit/license, with open carry, been placed into a committee? Hence blocked? Seem to have read that somewhere.

I would not mess with the caliber (on the G22) the drying up of 9mm has been a problem, so having an extra caliber, IE .40 S&W, is a good idea. Smooth triggers? Good as well, the Glock factory extended slide release is good to go, is on my G19s and 17s.

A little funny, as the Glock trainers stated emphatically, pull the slide to the rear to chamber a round from lock back! Then noticed how much they were loosing in parts sales, then made their own extended job? Profit trumps ideals?

Watched a video of a Glock factory shooter/trainer, he is gone now, Dave Sevigny, used the extended release, like lightening I might add.

Update: Shot my new Glock 26 today. I ran through 250 rounds of 115 gr. FMJ Blazer Brass and 50 rounds of 147 gr. Federal HST JHP without a single problem. It ejects where it is supposed to. As expected, the muzzle flip is higher than on my Glock 19, but not that significantly worse. I very quickly started shooting doubles and quick follow-ups. I am happy with the two finger grip and leaving the pinky underneath the 10-round magazine.

Update: Shot my new Glock 26 today. I ran through 250 rounds of 115 gr. FMJ Blazer Brass and 50 rounds of 147 gr. Federal HST JHP without a single problem. It ejects where it is supposed to. As expected, the muzzle flip is higher than on my Glock 19, but not that significantly worse. I very quickly started shooting doubles and quick follow-ups. I am happy with the two finger grip and leaving the pinky underneath the 10-round magazine.

Congrats on the G26... I have one of those, too, with +2 pinky extensions on all of my 10 rounders. I have it loaded 12+1 with an extra G19 15rd mag with X-grip extension on it as a backup.

Also, congrats on that 147gr HST. I have carried the 124gr (+P) variety for a while now, and recently came into a half case of the 147gr. Haven't shot it yet, but looking forward to using it as my primary carry round.

Also, congrats on that 147gr HST. I have carried the 124gr (+P) variety for a while now, and recently came into a half case of the 147gr. Haven't shot it yet, but looking forward to using it as my primary carry round.

Thanks. Look at the video below about the expansion and penetration capabilities of the 147gr HST. I did get them July last year for 60 cent per round at SGAmmo.com. They don't have them in stock right now, but the price is still listed as 29.95/50-rounds (Link Removed).

I agree... without actual evidence, and hopefully never will, the ballistics videos and such all point to it being one of the best.

I check sgammo.com regularly, but happened
into mine on bulkammo.com for $29/box of 50rd. After shipping, came to just about $0.61/rd.

I second what the old fart with the fast bike said. :wink:

You got a decent deal on the G22, it was most likely a police turn in, probably having been shot very little, ether way you did ok, but since you mention converting it to 9mm (like a G17), unless you plan to shoot a lot, I think I would keep it a 40, main reason is unless you have access to or have them already a 9mm barrel is, for a good one anyhow $150-$200 depending on exactly what you want, and Glock G17 mags are probably at least $30 apiece, so by the time you get a barrel, 3 mags and shipping you could get to near $300 which is easly half the price of a G17, now you can buy a cheap barrel, and aftermarket mags, but you still likely to have $200+ invested, so this is why I say buy the G17 or start shooting 40, what got me educated to this was I got a smoking deal on a G-31C nice shooter, noisy but real accuate, and I had the I idea of being able to make it G17, or G22, along with it being the 357 SIG, even making it 22 I would still have to get the barrel, and use my 357SIG mags, there the same, and I started checking on good barrels, and that's about as far as it went, shooting the 357 SIG is a little exspencive, but I also have a G26, (wifes gun) a G27, G23, and a G19

OP,

I've picked up M9s for decent prices b/c they were LE turn-ins as well, nothing wrong with 'em. My S&W (Pre)Model 10 I picked up for $200 was a security company model that was bought by a LGS here, it showed holster wear but is functionally perfect. Yours may be the same sort of weapon. Like RG said, unless you plan on shooting it very often just keep it as a .40 and enjoy it. You could look into reloading too, that way you can shoot pretty much whatever you have for reduced cost.

Nice purchase!

The test with Ranger 147g Bonded, not so hot? But the point of bonded ammo is to basically go through windshields' yes?

I shot the old Winchester T, i.e. Black talon, years ago, at a IALEFI Conference, did just over 1000fps, from a Glock 26. This guy did not use a Glock26?
Possibly that cold hammer forged barrel of the Glock, with the special rifling? Whatever it is called, would give more velocity?

But I carry the NON bonded 147g Ranger T. It is so very accurate, but I carry in a Glock 19. I like the capacity, and a spare G17 magazine (Just in case) A bright LED light is the other belt item!

Well, here she is... no smile except for the one on my face. Except for some very small finish nicks on the right rear (and some old skin residue stuck in some of the nooks and crannies) looks brand new.

Definitely notice a difference in the finish between this and my newer (2013 production) gen 4 G19 and G26 (these have a smoother, more grey finish).

Looking at the barrel, I would say this G22 is as close to new you can get! Great buy.

You might find the magazine release digs into your second finger? Slice the corner off. TruGlo sights, a must.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back