Corporate aircraft travel?

planenut

I fly a corporate aircraft. I also have SC and Utah CWP license.

If I were to travel to a state such as NJ where I do not have privileges, is there a way to take the handgun along legally? Even if I had to disassemble it or leave it in the aircraft while I go to the hotel?

Sometimes we may pass through NJ or some other state where I do not have privileges for one day on a weeklong trip.

In today's climate, I would feel better protected.

Thanks!

Sorry, but sitting on the ramp in NJ or NY with a handgun in your aircraft is completely illegal. There are some exceptions for documented yachts in NY/NJ ports but none that I am aware of for US registered aircraft. Once on the ground you are a vehicle. Having said that, I flew corporate and charter jets and turbo props for 35 years. No one except Customs ever boarded my aircraft and no one ever searched it for any reason. For the last 20 years of my career I was based in the South (thank God). I shot IPSC and IDPA every chance I had. If I had a trip that was going over a weekend I always brought my gun bag and almost always found a match somewhere within a few hours drive. Going to Arizona was the best though, you could find 2 or 3 matches over the weekend. Understand that whenever I was on the ground in New York or New Jersey of even Massachusetts, I left the gun bag on the plane. Thankfully, we never had a pop up trip to Canada when I had my guns. I'd have been frantically searching for the nearest Fed Ex Office! It is illegal but there is virtually no chance of being discovered on the aircraft. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back