Conversations with the DOA

Straight Shooter

Conversations with the DOA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that this would be interesting and maybe helpful or informative. Some of the names and/or vital info have been changed or deleted. This is the correspondance between myself and The DOA, a total of 2 phone calls and 6 e-mails sent and I recieved 4 e-mail replys

Sent on/06/22/09
Goodmorning Ms. Sweet,
I was wondering if you could help us? Any info that you could find out, would be appreciated.
We sent in our applications on 05/21/09 and our checks were deposited on 06/01/09
Our names are:xoxoxox

We would also be interested in expediting our application process, if at all possible.
Some agencies allow for an extra expedite fee to be paid, we are not sure if your fine agency also offers this service.

Thank You for your help, and may God bless you!

With Kind Regards,

No Reply from M. Sweet

Sent on 06/24/09
Greetings Ms. Harrell,
My name is (Straight Shooter) and I am a small business owner as well as a multiple license holder with the DBPR in our great State of Florida . I was wondering if you could help my wife and I? Any info that you could find out with regard to our application status, would be appreciated. We sent in our applications for the Concealed Weapons License on 05/21/09 and our checks were deposited on 06/01/09
Our names and info are as follows: xoxoxoxo

We would also be interested in expediting our application process, if at all possible.
Some agencies allow for an extra expedite fee to be paid (such as the Ft. Lauderdale Building Dept.), we are not sure if your fine agency also offers this service. If your agency does not offer this service, it might be something that you would want to consider, as I'm sure the extra revenue would not hurt.

Thank You for your help, and may God bless you!

reply on 06/24/09
Dear Mr. Straight shooter:
Thank you for your correspondence.
Your application was received by our office on May 26, 2009. At the present time, the Bureau of License Issuance is working on applications received on March 9, 2009. Your application will be worked in the order received. Applications are generally worked within 90 days from receipt of a complete application, provided there is no disqualifying information received from the fingerprint analysis. Information was returned to our office from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement / Federal Bureau of Investigation that will need additional review by our CW Verification Section. After initial processing, your file will be forwarded to this section for review. You will need to allow 3 - 4 months for this process to be completed.
I cannot check on anyone else's record for you due to confidentiality issues mandated by Florida Statute. Your wife will need to contact our office directly to check on the status of her own application.
I hope I have been of assistance. If you have any questions you may contact me by calling 850-245-5665 or by email.

Sincerely,
Susan Harrell, Bureau Chief
Bureau of License Issuance

Sent on 06/26/09
Thank You for your swift reply to my previous e-mail.
I guess there is no way of speeding up the process is there?
What did you think about my idea to offer an expedited service for an additional fee?
Please see the questions that I posted below, in response to your e-mail.

In a message dated 6/26/2009 2:26:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:
"Information was returned to our office from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement / Federal Bureau of Investigation that will need additional review by our CW Verification Section."
Please explain, I don't know what this means.

"After initial processing, your file will be forwarded to this section for review. You will need to allow 3 - 4 months for this process to be completed."
Is this 3-4 months part of the 90 day period?

Thank You for your help, and may God bless You!

With Kind Regards,

Reply on 06/29/09 (this was also the date of my first call)
Dear Mr. Straight Shooter:
This email is to follow up our telephone conversation a few moments ago. You may send your court documents to our office by regular mail. The reference number assigned to you is WX0x0x0x04. Please put this reference number on your cover letter. In your cover letter, please ask that these documents be added to your existing file.
Thank you and please contact me with any questions by calling 850-245-5665 or by email.

Susan Harrell, Bureau Chief
Bureau of License Issuance

Sent on 06/29/09
Ms. Harrell, It was a pleasure speaking to you today. In response to our conversation earlier today, I am having the FDLE e-mail my "rap sheet" (concerning reference # WX0x0x0x4) directly from them to you. I am also going to print out a hardcopy of the same and I will overnight it to you with the cover letter, as you requested. As you will be able to see these arrests are over a decade old, and there are no convictions. I have undergone similar processes for my other State of Florida licenses and I haven't experienced any problems. I want to thank you for your kindness, and I hope that you have a great 4th of July and may God Bless you.

With Kind Regards,

Sent on 08/12/09
Ms. Sweet, I was wondering if I could get a status update regarding my application for the Concealed Weapons License. I mailed the application about 85 days ago and I am aware that people who submitted their applications after me have already received their license. Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
My name is Straight Shooter
X
o
X
o
With Kind Regards,

Reply on 08/12/09
We are in receipt of your application/correspondence/renewal etc and it has not been processed yet due to the volume we receive daily.
Once the Division of Licensing has your complete application, it will take about 90 days for the Division to process it and notify you of the outcome. Processing may take longer than 90 days if additional information regarding criminal records must be obtained.
We are currently processing applications received in our office on April 27 2009. We have a total of 44,460 applications to be processed.
I am sorry I could not be more helpful,

Sent on 08/13/09
Mr. Wilkinson, I was wondering if I could get a status update regarding my application for the Concealed Weapons License. I mailed the complete application about 85 days ago and I am aware that people who submitted their applications after me have already received their licenses. I would like to have the license before the hurricane season gets real active. Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

My name is Straight Shooter
x
o
x
o

With Kind Regards,

unbeknownst to me my license was issued on 08/13/09
I called on 08/14/09 and was told that my license was issued yesterday, and they told my wife that her license was issued today (08/14/09)

reply on 08/17/09
Good morning, Mr. Straight Shooter:
Your concealed weapon license was issued on Thursday of last week. It is already on its way to you in the mail. Unless there is a problem in mail delivery, you should receive your license within the next 7-10 business days.

Sincerely,

Ken Wilkinson
Management Analyst
Division of Licensing
PO Box 6687
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6687
TELEPHONE: 850-245-5500
FAX: 850-245-5505 '

License arrived today 08/17/09

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.