Conversation with officer

Nicholas A.

The other day I was having a nice conversation with one of my local LEO's and the topic turned to the Maryland SB281 which puts MD further back. The officer flat out stated that if things pass that he will NOT enforce the law because as he sees it, it violates the United States constitution that he swore to uphold. He continued to state that he would not register his firearms. I found it rather nice to hear the a large number of officers not only do not like the possible laws but also would refuse to enforce them.

I know more that one officer that has told me the same thing. Almost all the rank and file I know think this way.

The other day I was having a nice conversation with one of my local LEO's and the topic turned to the Maryland SB281 which puts MD further back. The officer flat out stated that if things pass that he will NOT enforce the law because as he sees it, it violates the United States constitution that he swore to uphold. He continued to state that he would not register his firearms. I found it rather nice to hear the a large number of officers not only do not like the possible laws but also would refuse to enforce them.

I've heard this a lot too.

Or they will be replaced with ones who will...

And that is when a civil war would happen

This is very rare for an LEO to volunteer a pro US Constitution stand - their oath to uphold it is a mere formality to seal the job [as they see it]. If this one is speaking genuinely, he's rare.

Last edited:
While in a Va. movie theater I asked a LEO if it was ok to CC carry (I was CC carrying), he said theres a sign says no weapons allowed , but then looks me over and said I dont see a gun with a smile and then said I enforce the state and city laws not the theaters.

Older officers who are gun guys will probably give you a wink and a nod and say "No guns here I can see" and leave but the majority of younger officers will be full of piss and vinegar and want to push the issue..............

Yeah, and that is when you don't say nothing about CC and if nothing happen you are good to and if it does then you take action.

Well, you may be certain that younger officers will fulfill their duties to uphold laws; they are itching to get into the fight.

What every kind of officers when you meet , then you do one things treat with officer very politey and effective way then you realize how much officer is good and kind with you

My thought is that "he" is a troll. Some of his responses are perfectly fine (ie no broken English) and in the next post, he is some kind of illiterate monkey....

Just my .02 cents.... YMMV

Sent from behind enemy lines.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back