Conversation in Cabela's

JeanP

Visited my 2 sons in Boise, ID last week. Had an interesting conversation with a young couple in Cabela's at the firearms counter. They had taken their 5 year old son to the range that day to shoot a .22 rifle. I congratulated them on starting to teach gun safety to him young. We talked a while about various guns, hunting and other shooting sports. the conversation then went into the meaning of the Second Amendment. I told them that I felt (that) without the Second Amendment, the other amendments in the Bill of Rights could be taken away. Then I told them about the many bills that were being considered in our state and the were flabbergasted. They wanted to know why I didn't move out of California. I let them know that there is that option. However, I feel like I have to stand and fight to keep my rights as an American citizen. I feel that if the shooting sports go away in California, that there isn't much hope for the rest of the country. We all need to stand our ground and fight for what we believe in. The young father then stated he never thought he would hear something so pro gun from a Californian. I then told him that he should be vigilant in Idaho because they could very well be next.

Thank you, wolf_fire. Judging by the sparse number of posts on CA's forum, a lot of people here in CA are thinking it might all go away. Not with our legislators and governor. This is one grandmother that won't shut up or go away.

The head in the sand mentality is what is going to destroy our rights. You guys in CA already lost the right to OC, and to get a conceal permit takes an act of god. Keep fighting.

Thank you, wolf_fire. Judging by the sparse number of posts on CA's forum, a lot of people here in CA are thinking it might all go away. Not with our legislators and governor. This is one grandmother that won't shut up or go away.

Hell you have the two headed dragon in CA, Pelosi and Feinstein. You need all the patriots you can get.

The most important words in the 2d Amendment are "shall not be infringed". Yet they are infringed in every single state. All gun ownership laws are unconstitutional for US citizens. All gun laws should be about the use of guns rather than "keeping and bearing". I know lawyers and judges disagree but I don't understand how it can be read and interpreted differently.

The most important words in the 2d Amendment are "shall not be infringed". Yet they are infringed in every single state. All gun ownership laws are unconstitutional for US citizens. All gun laws should be about the use of guns rather than "keeping and bearing". I know lawyers and judges disagree but I don't understand how it can be read and interpreted differently.

Except Vermont... watch the "every" word. VT is the only state that offers no permit/license system whatsoever. There are a few others that don't require a permit, but still offer one to cater to other states that mandate a resident permit to carry in theirs.

Naw, even Vermont has a law that specifies what's OK. Why do we need a law, part of which says the Constitution is OK?

One way to fight is to starve the government of its funding...taxes. The only way you can win the fight in California is to cause the system to collapse of its own weight. To do it lawfully you would have to move out. It is way to late to change nything in California. As long as residents of California keep getting free crap there is no reason to want change. The state is beautiful but the ideas are a hellhole. When the free crap dries up the state will fail!

I think it is just that Kalifornistan has made it so damn restrictive and expensive that fewer people per capita are willing to go through it.

One way to fight is to starve the government of its funding...taxes. The only way you can win the fight in California is to cause the system to collapse of its own weight. To do it lawfully you would have to move out. It is way to late to change nything in California. As long as residents of California keep getting free crap there is no reason to want change. The state is beautiful but the ideas are a hellhole. When the free crap dries up the state will fail!

They are already doing it on their own. Their progressive ideas only include taking care of their state gub'ment buddies at all levels for life, with outrageous salaries and pensions; and the only way to continue that is to raise taxes. IMHO the silicon vally boom in the 80's and 90's did more harm than good. It artificially raised the mean household income in the state, thus allowing the liberals to raise taxes more etc. There is no reason that a 3 bedroom house on a small piece of property there should cost ten times what it does elsewhere. There is no reason a gallon of gas should cost 40 cents mor a gallon there than elsewhere. There is no reason they should be allowed to levy a specific tax on bullets and not get fired or lynched by the general public.
-
It needs fixing, but unless Hollywood moves to another country I don't see it happening. They own and rule the state.

I'd have to agree with you on that. While California is being ambushed with the many gun laws, once they get a state that big on "lock down" it could only be a matter of time before it spreads like wildfire. As a California resident, I sometimes wonder myself how the state is so Liberal with how many conservative gun-bearing Californians I know.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back