Confusion at the license bureau...

bwhitemyer

I renewed my drivers license recently and the license bureau had quite few notices posted about concealed carry permit requests are to go to the Sheriffs dept ... although the change doesn't actually take effect until Jan 1, 2014.

It seems like quite a mess currently, with some counties the Sheriff depts are handing out the permits now (some pretty shabby) and other not at all until Jan 1.

Quite a mess indeed :-(

Considering the MSP and MoDOR were actively copying CCW paperwork and providing such to Federal entities, I'll take a little confusion to keep my information a bit more local. Hopefully constitutional carry will gain some traction and we won't have to put up with the bureaucracy any longer.

There is no confusion with the MoDOR. As of 8/28/2013 they are no longer issuing endorsements. This is the date that the law went into effect although the Sheriff's have until 1/1/2014 to implement their permit system. That is why some sheriff's are issuing paper permits until they get the equipment to issue a more permanent version.

There is no confusion with the MoDOR. As of 8/28/2013 they are no longer issuing endorsements. This is the date that the law went into effect although the Sheriff's have until 1/1/2014 to implement their permit system. That is why some sheriff's are issuing paper permits until they get the equipment to issue a more permanent version.

I still have the paper permit issued to me in Nov, 2013. I need to get to the Sheriffs Dept to get my printed card.

Just laminate it. That is all the Sheriff's are doing, laminating the paper permit.

No, a week after we renewed ours, our Sheriff's Dept was printing cards. We just haven't been back to the office to get our cards instead of paper version yet. They were waiting for their printer still when we were in.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back