Condition 1

ironmike86

Good thing Cops carry in condition one. He still was cut.
Link Removed

Don't think the butter cup methoid would have worked. And it took 7? Shots to bring him down?

This is actually my home town. One of my good friends is an officer in Lafayette and knows the guy that was cut very well. I asked him about the guy continuing to fight after being shot 7 times and he said it isn't as uncommon as you'd think. He said several of the shots were minor and apparently only 2 were places well enough to do the deed. I was happy to see that at least the hit percentage was 70 instead of the usual 10-15% as in most police shootings.

And, believe it or not, there are actually people that are upset that the police shot this guy, saying that they should have used a Taser. Most of them are probably the import rejects from the Chicago projects that have, unfortunately become all to common in Lafayette over the last several years.

that is crazy. good thing the officer is okay and there were other officers on scene otherwise the officer cut could of been seriously injured or kill

When they felony flee and charge with a knife it's stupid to even suggest a Taser IMO Don't know where some ppl get there brains? Clearly with that video he was a threat. Best thing is he didn't survive. JMO

This is actually my home town. One of my good friends is an officer in Lafayette and knows the guy that was cut very well. I asked him about the guy continuing to fight after being shot 7 times and he said it isn't as uncommon as you'd think. He said several of the shots were minor and apparently only 2 were places well enough to do the deed. I was happy to see that at least the hit percentage was 70 instead of the usual 10-15% as in most police shootings.

And, believe it or not, there are actually people that are upset that the police shot this guy, saying that they should have used a Taser. Most of them are probably the import rejects from the Chicago projects that have, unfortunately become all to common in Lafayette over the last several years.
What caliber were there pistols?

What person in their right mind would find that unjustified? For those that think a taser would have been better...let them have some crazy person charge them with a knife and see what they do...most likely...get stabbed as they will freeze in fear. Which may very well be what would happen to me...I hope not....but one never knows.

I'm just glad the officers were "safe" in the end.

The LEO sounded pretty humble in the car afterwards. 'I shot that guy', twice. Even though he was justified, he stills sounds like he's gonna cry.

The perp desreved it. I liked the way the EMS guys just casually wheel the guy to the bus.

KK

Too bad he didn't have the shotgun in hand. Kinda takes the bite out of anyone. But all is well that ends well, the scumsuckingpigpos is dead, and the officers are ok.

Good shoot, fully justified IMHO. Those 9 mils usually will buzz right through, small round and too fast out the barrel.

I do take issue with the story line as wrote "showing Paul Spencer attacking officers before he was gunned down last month" <<<before he was gunned down>>> Some bleeding heart Liberal reporter inciting discourse and hate. It's all in the verbage.

Interesting....
1.) Numbnuts jumps out of car after fleeing from police and wants to fight with a knife. It is obvious he never heard the words, "You don't take a knife to a gun fight." Stupid should hurt! In this case not for long enough.
2.) 7 out of 10 rounds - Hit percentage 70% for trained officers. What does that tell you about your need to practice? Everyone wants to go all John Wayne, (or is that Charlie Sheen) two in the chest and one in the head crap. - Not so much for guys who can most likely shoot as well as anyone!
3. Libs complaining in a college town? Really? That isn't anything new! I would love to move about half the population on death row in to the condo or apartment next door.

I do wonder if they were carrying the 9mm or .40. Not that it matters, but again a thought. A full size 9mm usually carries 16 with one in the pipe. I don't own a 40 but I would assume one or two less? (15 in a Glock) Yet the pros fired all of those shots (10) and didn't stop him. I am not as concerned with caliber as I am round count. I lot of guys and gals carry smaller pistols with less round counts. If someone is really coming at you, are you going to have enough to make them stop?
Just things to consider....

Yeah round count. ..Now I'm second guessing my next gun purchase?? I want a Ruger lc9 or Nano but now the 6-7 shot doesn't seem so good? Especially if those Cops used 40 0r 45 calibers??? I carry a G27 with an extra 11 round mag.

The three most important factors in a gun fight;
1. Shot placement
2. Shot placement
3, Shot placement
Also, very important, Shot placement

I thought it was:
Front site
Front site
Front site! -
Also, very important shot placement! Aim small, miss small! ;-)

It was fully justified, if someone like that rushed me with a knife. I would do the same thing or at least try to lol. Good to see the LEO is safe!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back