concealment holster for 4 inch revolver

old fart

i have a 4 inch barrel blued ruger service six 357 magnum, i am getting my permit soon as my papers have been sent 3 weeks now. the ruger shoots so good i don't want another gun and want to use it. i have tried to check online but i can't figure anything out with all the models of holsters. i can't afford a lot of money but don't want something that will break in a few times carrying either, how about some that ya'll use?, thanks for any help.

I like Don Hume (they are my go to holster maker under most circumstances) but their lead time is 30-90 days according to most of their dealers nowadays.

The last several holsters I've bought came from Gunner's Alley Concealed Carry Holsters, Gun Holsters and Gun Belts. They are a Don Hume, Gould and Goodrich, and MTR Custom dealer. DH and G&G are long established holster makers that have been around forever and make a quality holster. MTR Custom is a new outfit but their stuff looks pretty good to me.

The Service 6 has been out of production for quite a while, so don't be surprised if you don't see many holsters listed specifically for it. If I remember its' dimensions correctly, a holster made for an L frame Smith ought to work. One made for the K frame may work, too, but I'm not sure. When in doubt, call or shoot an email to the holster manufacturer and they ought to be able to help you narrow down what you need.

Hey RossA! Would that work for a 5" ruger vaquero? That's my old cowboy shooting gun (.44 mag). I carry my 1911 but would love to carry my old six shooter sometimes.

i have a 4 inch barrel blued ruger service six 357 magnum, i am getting my permit soon as my papers have been sent 3 weeks now. the ruger shoots so good i don't want another gun and want to use it. i have tried to check online but i can't figure anything out with all the models of holsters. i can't afford a lot of money but don't want something that will break in a few times carrying either, how about some that ya'll use?, thanks for any help.

The Ruger Service Six is a K-frame sized revolver so any holster that will fit an S&W Model 10/Model 15/Model 66 will also hold your Service Six. Doesn't make any difference whether it has fixed or adjustable sights, it's the frame size we're concerned with. Fobus makes some nice paddle-type holsters which make for relatively quick removal when you need to. Crossbreed and Blackhawk! make good holsters too. Don't forget to get a pair of speedloaders, actually 2 pair would be better for range use/stashing extra rounds several places or just have a pair with .38 Spl ammo and a pair with .357 Mag ammo so you have options. Get a firearms magazine, look at the ads and email or call several and I'm sure you'll find one or more to your liking. Beware: You'll end up needing several types for various circumstances/conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back