Concealed permit

jjessee1976

I am delayed for some reason on getting my Handgun but by law he can still sell it to me which I get Friday. Is it possible to still get my concealed weapons permit while having the delay since they will also check??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

'Selling' a handgun to you is NOT the same thing as you actually taking delivery of that handgun. (You might want to keep your money in your pocket until AFTER you see which way this is going to go.) That said: Delays, for one reason or another, are common.

I am delayed for some reason on getting my Handgun but by law he can still sell it to me which I get Friday. Is it possible to still get my concealed weapons permit while having the delay since they will also check??

Depends on what state you are in and what background checks they do for the permit.

A lady here in Oregon had a similar problem. She got a carry permit through the local Sheriffs, but was delayed when she tried to buy her first pistol. After a month she was denied because a 20 year old out of State misdemeanor traffic infraction that she plead guilty to could have resulted in a year long jail sentence. She paid a fine way back then, was not a felon, but still had her rights infringed.

You probably know if there is some reason for denial, whether you are disclosing it or not is something you also know. Ever been arrested or charged with anything in any state in you life? There you go......if the answer is yes you may get a rejection. If the answer is no, you might get a permit and gun. You know the answer, don't you?

Many years ago ( back in the early Seventies ) , here in Pennsylvania.. it was very hard to get a licenses to carry. you had to have two character references ( non family ) you had to have a letter of recommendation from a Court officer, and a letter from the Sherriff, or Chief of Police of the municipality where you resided.. all this information was necessary, even before you could be considered for a license to carry. If the Sherriff was not feeling good that day he could refuse to give you a letter. Just coming out of the military, I had no problem getting my first civilian license to carry back in 1977. Today its very easy to get a permit to carry... just two un related sponsors. No letters, just a signature, no letters from court officers, or local municipality Police chief. good for five years.. takes less than 2 weeks to get. it use to take 45 days minimum. Got my last renewal in 10 days.

Takes 5 letters of recommendation in Delaware, and they all have to be in the county you live in.

In our county in central CA you don't need references. However, the interview your family, neighbors, and employer (and probably the janitor at the local grocery). There is a home visit from a deputy. And, then, you might (?) have to have psychological testing before you are approved. It took 4 calls to voice mail of the official handling CCW to set up the initial interview which was 3 months down the road. Supposed to take 90 days total, but figure on at least 6 months. Probably shouldn't post this as I'm the one waiting for my initial interview. Oops!

Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to exercise your Rights.....

Just sayin...

Vermont
Residents or visitors may carry open or concealed without a permit—the Vermont Constitution predates the U.S. Bill of Rights. There are no restrictions on MSRs or magazine capacity. Vermont has no specific laws about Castle Doctrine, which is the only reason Vermont didn’t score a perfect 50.

Went to Vermont a couple of times camping. Last time there I left my really great old Coleman Mantel lantern hanging in a tree in a campground.
Sure miss that lantern. They don't make 'em like they use to.

Depends on why you are delayed and where you live. Not enough information given to render an opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back