Concealed discomfort

gregory44mag

Ive been carrying my Ruger LCR .38 + P this past summer using a Galco inside the pant holster. Thank god summer is almost over and I can start carrying my Smith & Wesson .44 mag 329PD with a shoulder holster under a jacket because I can not get comfortable with that inside the pant holster!! Ive tried just carrying the gun in my pocket, but Im allways afraid its going to fall out or my pants pockets are not big enough for the gun. Any one else carry comfortably in summer time and if so how?

Ive been carrying my Ruger LCR .38 + P this past summer using a Galco inside the pant holster. Thank god summer is almost over and I can start carrying my Smith & Wesson .44 mag 329PD with a shoulder holster under a jacket because I can not get comfortable with that inside the pant holster!! Ive tried just carrying the gun in my pocket, but Im allways afraid its going to fall out or my pants pockets are not big enough for the gun. Any one else carry comfortably in summer time and if so how?

Are you wearing the same waist pants? If so, that is most likely why you are uncomfortable. Standard recommendation is at least one size larger to accommodate an IWB holster. I've carried a S&W M28 (same size as your 329 but all steel) and full size 1911 IWB by going a size up.

I use an OWB holster, a good belt, and do not tuck in the long polo\button up that I wear with shorts\whatever I happen to dress in underneath. I should also mention there is no reason for me to get dressed up, due to the fact I have no life.

I forgot to mention that my button ups are short sleeved and dyed to match denim. $10 wally world special.

Last edited:
if you are wearing IWB holster you need to wear bigger pants and belt.

if your gun is 1.5" wide then you need to have pants and a belt that is 2" wider.

In the Galco website they explain this in a diagram and you can measure your new pants and belt.

also get a nice gun belt it helps to carry the gun better. If you are using a normal belt the gun will stick you all over.

Hope this helps.

I also have a Galco Royal Guard IWB holster and I find it uncomfortable, the other IWB holsters that I have are OK. The CrossBreed Super Tuck is great except that it takes up a lot of space on the belt. I agree proper sized pants and a good gun belt sure helps. :pleasantry:

Carrying your sidearm should be comforting, not comfortable. That said, Blade-tech makes a tuckable IWB Kydex holster that cants the grip against your waist and the loop of black plastic is almost undetectable against the black leather belt. I wore it all summer and the wife only knew because she saw me put it on. Once she even asked if I was carrying because she couldn't tell.

"Ive tried just carrying the gun in my pocket, but Im allways afraid its going to fall out or my pants pockets are not big enough for the gun."

This is a bit off subjec, but I can't help but find the statement above funny... Are you carrying Wildey by any chance? Because if you do there are other CC weapon choices out there...They are smaller and will stay in your pants. :)

I alternate depending on what I wear in the summer. I carry a Sigma .40ve. With sweats, shorts, or anything that I can't use a belt to support the gun, I use a SmartCarry Holster. If I wear jeans I use left handed nylon holster IWB in the small of my back and cross draw. Both are comfortable and easily drawn.
I use to worry about drawing from the wrong location but I can always feel where my weapon is.

I have a S & W 642 Airweight that is comparable in size and weight (maybe even a little heavier) to your LCR and carry it in a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster with no problem, very comfortable and even forget I am carrying sometimes. I just make sure the pants and shorts I buy have large pockets and are loose fitting.

IWB holster.

My most frequent carry methods:
- pocket carry a 380 like P3AT or Ruger LCP
- Smartcarry wearing sweat shorts or sweat pants with Glock 27 or Kimber Ultra
- "Appendix carry" the Glock 27 or Kimber Ultra in a clip on Kydex IWB
More clothing:
- strong side IWB a Kimber Compact, or Colt Commander

A Crossbreed supertuck with shorts and a t-shirt and a "not-so-compact S&W model 39" is VERY comfortable AND comforting to me.

My primary method of carry is the Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster system. I offers me a way to conceal two spare magazones as well. Not saying it would work for everyone, but hey, I have made it work.

Shoulder is the way to go, especially if you have the size to support it. I found a similar "Miami Classic" only in nylon wed offered by Passport. Link below for anyone interested. Price is cheaper and it offers top of the shoulders supports so the cross straps don't cut into you as much. Also like the ability to carry two extra mags. Passport offers vertical or parallel holster.

Concept 90 Shoulder System
Link Removed

I've been carrying for 35 years. I've found that carry on a separate gunbelt is most comfortable. A number of companies make gunbelts made with 2 layers of leather and a layer of kydex in the middle. I get mine at Looper leather in OKC.

All my pants are slightly larger than need be, then again, Im 23, heh all our pants sag just a little...I carry the Smith and Wesson M&P .40 I carry a Galco plastic holster, it sits on the strong side, its comfortable, then again, at times, carrying concealed sometimes is a bit uncomfortable, try getting a pair of pants just slightly larger than need be. It may help a bit.

1st time poster here; I finally have something to contribute. Last week I decided to try ccw my full-size Sig P220 (West German vintage :biggrin:). I bought an inexpensive Blackhawk IWB nylon holster ($15.00), #3 for large autos, after using Cheaper Than Dirt's "Holster Wizard" to recommend a holster CTD sells (it came up with an Uncle Mike's holster, but my local gun store does not carry Uncle Mike's. This Blackhawk holster is virtually identical, though) After expirmenting with lots of carry positions, I found the cross-draw position at 9 o'clock, going on 10, to be very concealed with an untucked shirt. I tested the position for comfort over three days, including driving approximately 900 miles, sitting in cramped restaurant booths (I am 6'2", 280 lbs), lots of walking, and lots of stair climbing. I wore cargo shorts without expanding waistband, and pants with an expanding waistband. Both styles were comfortable enough for all-day comfortable carry. I am really pleased with my little "system"!

I am contemplating trying a Crossbreed Supertuck next with the Sig because I want to tuck in my shirt at times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back