Concealed carry!

Sean85

Just purchase my new ruger LC9 everyone says it's great and i enjoy it for target practice! Very loud impact!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Link Removed

Congrats! Looks like a nice 9x19.

So the first correct thing that you did was resist getting a mouse gun in .380 and instead got a 9x19. That was a good choice.

You may want to look into an extended magazine so that you can grip it better. Most small pistols have a short grip and therefore an extended magazine can help with this.

It also looks like you got an IWB (inside waist band) holster, which is also good. These conceal better than the OWB's (outside waist band).

Make sure you practice a lot -- at least monthly if not weekly at first.

It is ideal to take some basic concealed carry shooting classes from an expert instructor.

Good luck! Enjoy the new world of concealed carry!

P.S., you are welcome.

Please bear in mind that it is better to get an instructor than just practicing on your own.

Practicing on your own just reinforces bad habits.

You need to learn how to properly conceal.

Then you need to learn how to draw quickly from concealment.

Then the other normal firearms drawing rules and procedures apply.

Position #1 during the draw is just above the holster, and this is called a hip shoot. It is one handed while the other hand holds back your shirt or jacket.

Position #2 is two handed with your elbows both bent and the gun close to your body less than a foot away.

Position #3 is with your arm(s) extended for a longer shot.

Etc. There are also 2 non-aiming positions on guard and 1 really good carrying position.

Then there are the FBI positions which are completely different. The FBI are smart boys (and girls) but it is not recommended to use their stuff if you are not FBI.

You need to learn double-taps too, because everybody's first shot is usually a miss.

You also need to learn low-to-high kneeling shots for crowds.

Get an instructor.

Then there are the FBI positions which are completely different. The FBI are smart boys (and girls) but it is not recommended to use their stuff if you are not FBI.

Pure BS! The FBI has over time developed its own techniques. Some of them are good, some are quite outdated. It doesn't matter if you are a federal agent or not. The good techniques are good and should be adopted by anyone who wishes to do so. The bad ones should be avoided, even if you are a federal agent.

You need to learn double-taps too, because everybody's first shot is usually a miss.

Absolute garbage!!! The reason for a double tap is that the probability to stop the thread is significantly higher with two positive hits than with one. Double taps have ZERO to do with misses. That's poor marksmanship and poor training.

The modern drill is the "Failure to Stop" drill, also known as Mozambique drill. Two fast hits to the center of visible mass, what ever that appears to be, then one more targeted hit to the head. Repeat as necessary. Shoot until the threat stops.

This drill has been proven more useful and is applicable to a wider range of scenarios than the magazine dump approach, which only leads to a NYPD level of accuracy (where every one gets hit but the bad guy).

Question of the day: are bofh and Eldolon the same person?

Question of the day: Is HKS 5 years old? He certainly behaves like that. He posts pure BS, gets called out on it and then puts people questioning him on his ignore list.

One might add that this post by HKS comes after I called out his BS on the FBI methods only being for the FBI and on double taps mitigating misses. Both of these opinions by HKS demonstrate a severe lack of understanding the basics of defensive firearm handling. Now he is mad and throws a temper tantrum like a 5 year old.

Just purchase my new ruger LC9 everyone says it's great and i enjoy it for target practice! Very loud impact!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Link Removed

You may want to look into an extended magazine so that you can grip it better. Most small pistols have a short grip and therefore an extended magazine can help with this.

If carrying concealed is the preferred carry, you might wanna reconsider an extended magazine because it's gonna make the grip a lot longer.
d62d76932ea65911208c95ed20b4c9e9.jpg

fb352f64de3471610eef760a340c13fb.jpg

You need to be able to get a good grip on your gun.

Otherwise you won't be able to aim it or shoot it very straight.

Yeah, I agree but concealability is important too.

Even with my big hands, the little pinky extension on the regular mag is sufficient for me.

Well, I feel it fitting to inform that my recently purchased extended magazine for mine really didn't make it less concealable in my IWB holster. Since I wear the holster as far down in my waistband as it will ride, the longer grip actually makes it easier to grab. Only bad thing tho is when I carry it in my pocket holster, I really need to use the regular mag because th extended one makes it a little too wide to fit in my pocket. That and it makes it a little more noticeable.

Ruger LC9 is one of the top rated concealed carry semi-auto, pistols on the market. Hope you like it.

According to who? Please be specific

It's all according to the government sponsored web site he gets ALL his MISinformation from...

If people here haven't learned..... YET..... that he's an idiot, they will...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

According to who? Please be specific

So a blog and some random gun store? I'll run right out and get one
Hey, you didn't say nothin about reputation or anything else, you just said "according to who". Well, there ya go. You asked, I answered. Take it or leave it.

You don't have to be a smartass, tho but they are good little guns, in my opinion, anyways. And reasonably priced as well. Much nicer to shoot than their LC9 predecessor.

But hey, don't take my word for it, or theirs. Nobody's telling you to just "run right out and get".... anything.

Hey, you didn't say nothin about reputation or anything else, you just said "according to who". Well, there ya go. You asked, I answered. Take it or leave it.

You don't have to be a smartass, tho but they are good little guns, in my opinion, anyways. And reasonably priced as well. Much nicer to shoot than their LC9 predecessor.

But hey, don't take my word for it, or theirs. Nobody's telling you to just "run right out and get".... anything.

No one with a single brain cell would take your word on shyte.

No one with a single brain cell would take your word on shyte.

So now you're resorting to trolling, huh? Fitting. Even for you. Your posts here suggest you don't even have half a brain cell so you have no room to talk. Find a short pier and take a very long walk off of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back