Concealed carry questions?!

crenz66

Hi guys I've got a sig p938 for my carry gun at the moment. I have a IWB holster for it but I think it's uncomfortable. Any advice on this? I need help with this topic because with warm weather coming up I can really put it in my carhart anymore. Thank you!

Those are very nice too. I like the 30 day try it and unlimited free trades for life. Now you make me want to try and new holster, damn it, that's not nice Charles Morrison. lol I have a Crossbreed belt and I don't like it. One belt hole is to loose and the other hole is to tight. I ordered an Ares Gear Ranger belt.

I carry my Kahr CW45 in a Kohlster IWB at 3:30-4.
At first I had tried it in the wrong spot and instantly hated it.
You got to find the sweet spot as well as have properly fitting pants.
I have one pair I can't wear with that holster cause the tend to sit a little to low.

I find IWB uncomfortable. If you spend a lot of time in the car or behind a desk consider a shoulder rig. For other activities look to an OWB with a bit of a cant. Find one of our other forum members and ask for temporary access to their holster drawer. You will find an unlimited selection to try from.

I carry a 1911 comander in a galco king tuk, nice wide leather iwb with a kydex holster. I can drive with it on at 4:00 no problem. Not as comfortable as an owb but just fine for hot weather carry.

Well it has been my experience that if you are overweight that IWB Holsters can be very uncomfortable and hard to draw from. I know this from personal experience beings I am about 75lbs overweight myself. Not saying that this is your problem. But it is one that I ran into, that's why I hip carry.

I'm 6'4" and 290lbs.
I carry my IWB just fine as long as I have the right pair of pants on.
Also I drove for 6hrs with the IWB at 4 and it didn't bother me till the last cple miles.

Shoulder holsters aren't very good unless you plan to always wear two layers of clothing with the outer layer always secured in some way to prevent the wind or something else from exposing your gun. That doesn't work well for me, especially in the summer. The Crossbreed Supertuck pretty much revolutionized IWB holsters. The Kholster and King Tuk, along with many others, are just copies of the Supertuck. They're all good holsters. I stick with Crossbreed for the service and because I think they deserve to be rewarded for their design, but that's just me. I own four different Supertucks. They're also the most popular concealed carry holster by a pretty comfortable margin.
As some have noted, IWB may not work well for everyone, but there are different ways to wear an IWB holster. I recommend that people wear their IWB holsters at 4 to 5 o'clock with an aggressive forward cant. This especially good for those who are overweight because that's one of the last places for extra flesh to overhang. The advantage to having the gun back there is that it tucks into the small of your back instead of sticking out from your hip bone at 3 o'clock or digging into your gut and leg if you 'appendix carry' at about 1 or 2 o'clock (especially bad for overweight folks). The forward cant actually tucks the grip in very nicely too. This all assumes a right handed shooter by the way. Alter the numbers for left hand. The disadvantage to having the gun back there is that it can get uncomfortable for some people if they sit against it for long periods. I didn't used to have this problem, but after injuring my hip in a fall down the stairs a few years ago, I'm now acutely aware how much my holster can hurt if I sit against it. It's also very difficult to draw the gun from a sitting position if you have it back there. Appendix carry can actually have the same disadvantage if you're overweight, and I'm somewhat overweight since I'm now handicapped and my physical activity is far more limited than it used to be. You might consider an ankle holster since you have a small gun. Ankle holsters have historically been problematic, but I just saw one in another thread here tonight that looks very good. Your draw isn't going to be fast from an ankle holster though.

HI, I had a problem with keeping my pants up with IWB holsters. Until I founded Sticky Holsters. It works very well and is very comfortable.
Sticky Holsters | Redefining Concealment
Now on my other holsters that I wear I have to use suspenders under my shirt and that just gets to hot in summer, so the Sticky Holster works great for summer.
Hope this helps

HI, I had a problem with keeping my pants up with IWB holsters. Until I founded Sticky Holsters. It works very well and is very comfortable.
Sticky Holsters | Redefining Concealment
Now on my other holsters that I wear I have to use suspenders under my shirt and that just gets to hot in summer, so the Sticky Holster works great for summer.
Hope this helps
So now someone's copying the Remora design too. I guess it was only a matter of time.

what keeps the gun from sliding out when you sit down?
In which holster? In an IWB holster, gravity doesn't work against you when sitting down. Even if it did, the guns is almost always retained by the shape molded into a kydex shell. In the Ankle SoxXx, the tension of the elastic holds it in. According to the reviewers, it held far better than they expected. Besides, your gun isn't in an upside down position when you sit down anyway, so not that much tension would be required. The Remora is an IWB holster, but it's one of the few that has no kydex shell to grip the shape of the gun. But an IWB holster doesn't go horizontal when you sit, much less go upside down, so the normal surface tension of the gun in the holster, which is augmented by the squeezing force of your pants/belt, is more than enough to hold the gun in. I'm not personally familiar with Sticky Holsters, but since they're a copy of the Remora design, I assume the same principles would apply. If you start doing handstands or cartwheels however, well ..... maybe you shouldn't be carrying a gun right then anyway.

I ordered the Alien Gear Holster for my SR45. Wait time is ridiculous before they even ship it though! 3-4 weeks estimated wait time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back