Concealed Carry of a Longgun on your Person?

Kimberfortyfive

My question is in regards to a person who has a valid Florida Concealed Carry/Weapon Permit and wishes to carry a longgun, such as a Keltec Sub2000, in a backpack that would be carried on their person.

No opinions please, just facts. I have been researching this vigilantly and have not been able to come up with a definite answer. Thank you all in advance.

Gun laws in Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparently, according to this page.... long guns are NOT included in the permits to carry...handguns only.....

There is a chart that clearly negates long guns...

Chapter 790 Section 06 - 2013 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

This is from Florida's web site, and in the FIRST paragraph it states that the permits are..."For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001"

While they don't specify a 'rifle' as such either way, , I'd bet that the 'handgun' clause is defining enough to deny long-guns.

These are very long reads, maybe you can see you way around things....but I wouldn't try to carry a long gun under a coat, or conceal it in a pack .... don't think that would be legal from what I read.

good luck with whatever you find

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back