Concealed Carry License

old salt

Just returned from the Erie County Sheriff’s office after applying for my concealed carry license. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks. I’ll use my non-resident New Hampshire permit to carry my Kahr CW40. Some parts of Erie have really gone down hill in the five years I’ve been gone.

Just returned from the Erie County Sheriff’s office after applying for my concealed carry license. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks. I’ll use my non-resident New Hampshire permit to carry my Kahr CW40. Some parts of Erie have really gone down hill in the five years I’ve been gone.

Are you a resident of New Hampshire? I don't think your New Hampshire permit is valid in South Carolina if you are not a resident of New Hampshire:

Link Removed

SECTION 23-31-215. Issuance of permits.

(N) Valid out-of-state permits to carry concealable weapons held by a resident of a reciprocal state must be honored by this State, provided, that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. A resident of a reciprocal state carrying a concealable weapon in South Carolina is subject to and must abide by the laws of South Carolina regarding concealable weapons. SLED shall maintain and publish a list of those states as the states with which South Carolina has reciprocity.

Are you a resident of New Hampshire? I don't think your New Hampshire permit is valid in South Carolina if you are not a resident of New Hampshire:

Link Removed

SECTION 23-31-215. Issuance of permits.

I’m sorry I did not make myself very clear. I moved from South Carolina to Erie PA. I will be using my non resident New Hampshire CC permit to carry in Pennsylvania until I get my Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms.

I’m sorry I did not make myself very clear. I moved from South Carolina to Erie PA. I will be using my non resident New Hampshire CC permit to carry in Pennsylvania until I get my Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms.

Are you certain that PA recognizes a non-resident NH license?

never mind - I found the clarification here: Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back